A food delivery driver from Chicago was carjacked while making a delivery in the 1000 block of North Boulevard at 2:02 a.m., Sept. 2.
The driver exited the vehicle to hand over the order when the driver was attacked from behind by three men and a female. Once the driver hit the ground, the offenders went through the driver’s pockets and took the keys to the driver’s red 2013 Lexus GS 350 and the driver’s LG Notebook smartphone, according to Oak Park police reports. The offenders then fled in the Lexus in an unknown direction.
The value of the loss is estimated at $25,800.
- Someone broke into a vehicle by shattering the front passenger’s side window with a brick then ransacked the vehicle’s interior, removing cash, between midnight and 7:45 a.m., Sept. 4 in the 200 block of North Marion Street. The total estimated value of the damage and property loss is $950.
- Someone forced open the front door of a residence in the 1100 block of Randolph Street between 11:15 p.m. and 11:36 p.m., Sept. 4. It is as yet unknown if any items were taken.
Motor vehicle theft
- A black 2019 Mercedes GLE 63 S with keys inside was removed from a garage in the 1100 block of Clarence Avenue between 4:55 p.m. and 6:20 p.m., Sept. 2. The vehicle was recovered by Chicago police without apprehension in the 8800 block of South Ada Street at 1:30 a.m., Sept. 3.
- A 2018 Hyundai Elantra parked in the 300 block of Harrison Street was taken between midnight and 2:49 p.m., Sept. 3. The estimated loss is $15,000.
- A black 2018 Hyundai Elantra was taken from the first block of Garfield Street between 7 p.m., Aug. 28 and 7:15 a.m., Aug. 29. The vehicle, which had a broken rear passenger’s side window and a peeled steering column, was later recovered in the 900 block of South Lyman Avenue.
- A 2011 Chevrolet Suburban parked behind a business in the 800 block of South Oak Park Avenue was taken between 2:30 p.m. and 6 p.m., Aug. 31.
- Someone removed the umbrella from patio furniture in an Oak Park resident’s backyard in the 400 block of Greenfield Street between 8 p.m., Aug. 31 and 9:30 a.m., Sept. 1. The estimated loss is $50.
- A package containing medication delivered by the U.S. Postal Service was removed from a front porch in the 200 block of South East Avenue between 11:45 a.m. and 3:22 p.m., Aug. 23.
Criminal property damage
- Someone used a sharp tool to make two large scratches to the passenger’s side of a 2016 Chevrolet Traverse parked in the 1200 block of North Austin Boulevard between 9:30 p.m., Aug. 30 and 3:02 p.m., Aug. 31.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports through Aug. 23 to Sept. 5 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.