Two people were arrested for separate aggravated battery incidents involving nurses at West Suburban Medical Center. Brittany Harris, of the 100 block of North Mason Avenue in Chicago, was arrested for hitting an emergency room nurse in the face at 1:44 a.m., April 25. The 32-year-old was taken into custody and held in lieu of a bond hearing.
The following day at 12:27 a.m., Oak Park police arrested 20-year-old Brandy Johnson for a similar battery incident that took place on April 17 while Johnson was a patient at West Suburban. According to police reports, Johnson punched a nurse in the face with a closed fist, causing injury. Johnson, of the first block of Ontario Street in Oak Park, was transported to the Oak Park Police Department by detectives and held for a bond hearing.
- Someone broke into an Oak Park resident’s Acura by shattering the front passenger’s side window then removing the victim’s wallet, which contained a driver’s license and credit cards, from inside the vehicle between 6 p.m., April 24 and 5 a.m., April 25 in the 1100 block of North Taylor Avenue. The estimated loss is $200.
- The front driver’s side window of a blue 2019 Honda CRV was smashed, and a garage door opener taken from the vehicle, between 11 p.m., April 28 and 8:45 a.m., April 29 in the 900 block of North Kenilworth Avenue.
- Someone entered a residence in the 6600 block of North Avenue through the back door, ransacked the victim’s bedroom and took two Apple laptops, a Sony PlayStation 5, four pairs of shoes and three bottles of Chanel perfume between 9 p.m., April 22 and 2 p.m., April 27. The estimated loss is $8,500.
- Someone broke into an Oak Park resident’s Subaru and removed a garage door opener from the vehicle, then opened the victim’s garage and stole a blowtorch, a hammer drill, two cordless drills, drill bits, a jigsaw, two toolboxes and two nail guns between 1:45 and 8:49 a.m., May 1 in the 800 block of South Elmwood Avenue. The estimated loss is $1,600.
Motor vehicle theft
A black 2019 Mazda CX-3, left unlocked and running, was taken from the 900 block of Lake Street between 7:31 and 7:36 p.m., May 1. The estimated loss is $21,000.
Recovered stolen vehicle
The dark gray 2011 Volkswagen Jetta, reported stolen April 22 from the 600 block of Adams Street, was recovered by Chicago police at 10:37 a.m., April 27, in the 2600 block of West Thomas Street in Chicago. Police made no apprehensions.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a gray 2014 Toyota Tacoma parked in the 100 block of South Harvey Avenue between 6 p.m., April 24 and 6:55 a.m., April 25.
- A package containing a white Cyezcor video conference lighting kit and a stainless steel Weighmax postal scale was stolen from a residence in the 400 block of Pennsylvania Way between 6 and 7 p.m., April 26. The estimated loss is $46.
- Someone took a package that contained a pair of black pants between 6:15 and 9 p.m., April 26 in the 1000 block of Lincoln Trail. The estimated loss is $87.20.
Criminal property damage
Someone used white paint to vandalize a rainbow flag and a Black Lives Matter flag that were hanging on the fence of a residence in the 1000 block of South East Avenue between 11:45 a.m., April 25 and 11:49 a.m., April 27. The estimated loss is $30.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports, April 26 to May 2, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.