An Oak Park restaurant employee was left with minor leg injuries after she was struck with a car driven by diners who had skipped out on their bill.
The two female customers left Cajun Boil, 1109 South Blvd., without paying their $128.29 tab at 11:37 p.m., Dec. 2 and were followed out of the building by the employee and a restaurant security guard.
As the two customers were fleeing the scene in a white Jeep SUV, their getaway vehicle allegedly made contact with the employee, hitting her right knee and thigh at a low speed. The employee refused medical attention.
The SUV was last seen traveling eastbound on South Boulevard.
Motor vehicle theft
- A 2016 Hyundai Tucson parked in the 400 block of North East Avenue was stolen between 6 p.m. and 8:10 p.m., Dec. 4.
- A 2018 Hyundai Tucson parked in the 1100 block of Thomas Street was stolen between 10 p.m., Dec. 4, and 12:03 a.m., Dec. 5.
- An Oak Park resident was loading his 2021 Honda CRV then briefly left his garage, leaving the vehicle unlocked and running, and returned to find his vehicle being driven away in the 1100 block of South Harvey Avenue at 9:35 p.m., Dec. 6.
- Someone took a Dodge Durango R/T with a black racing stripe parked in the 100 block of North Humphrey Avenue between 10 p.m., Dec. 9, and 6:30 a.m., Dec. 10.
- A 2015 Hyundai Sonata parked in the first block of Washington Boulevard was stolen between 10 p.m., Dec. 9, and 10 a.m., Dec 10.
- A 2017 Hyundai Tucson parked in the 1400 block of North Harlem Avenue was stolen between 7:45 p.m., Dec. 7, and 1:57 a.m., Dec. 8.
Attempted motor vehicle theft
- Someone broke a back window of a 2016 Hyundai Tucson then peeled the vehicle’s steering column between 7 p.m., Dec. 8, and 1:45 p.m., Dec. 9, in the 1100 block of South Home Avenue.
- Someone broke the rear driver’s side window of a 2017 Hyundai Elantra then peeled the vehicle’s steering column between 4:55 p.m. and 5 p.m., Dec. 11.
- An Amazon package was removed from a front porch in the 600 block of North Humphrey Avenue between 2:10 p.m. and 2:20 p.m., Dec. 9.
- Someone took a package from an apartment vestibule in the 400 block of North Humphrey Avenue between 5 p.m., Dec. 2., and 3:30 p.m., Dec. 6.
- Three Amazon packages were taken from a front porch in the 1100 block of South Oak Park Avenue between 4:04 p.m. and 9 p.m., Dec. 3.
- A FedEx package was taken from a front porch in the 1200 block of North Ridgeland Avenue between 2:28 p.m., Dec. 3, and 11:03 a.m., Dec. 4.
- Two Amazon packages were taken from the side entrance to a building in the 300 block of North Ridgeland Avenue between 1:30 p.m., Dec. 3, and 11:47 a.m., Dec. 4.
- A red Radio Flyer wagon was taken from a front porch in the 1100 block of South Oak Park Boulevard between 3:20 a.m. and 11:02 a.m., Dec. 3.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2009 Ford E350 parked in the 500 block of Garfield Street between 3 p.m., Dec. 7, and 10 a.m., Dec. 8.
Criminal property damage
- The glass window on the garage door of Service King Collision Center, 1029 South Blvd., was shattered between 6 p.m., Dec. 3, and 8:40 a.m., Dec. 4.
- Someone broke the rear passenger’s side window of a 2013 Hyundai Sonata parked on the street in the 700 block of South Gunderson Avenue between 5:50 p.m., Dec. 6, and 3:03 a.m., Dec. 7.
These items were obtained from Oak Park Police Department reports dated Dec. 6-12 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.