Vicki Scaman is the only candidate for Village President who has this much relevant experience for the job. She has:
- A comprehensive understanding, not only about village government, but also about the other taxing bodies.
- An unparalleled understanding of the relationship between the village president and the trustees. As Village Clerk, she has attended most village board meetings for the last four years.
- A well-informed perspective on the relationship between the board and the village manager.
- Already served on two of Oak Park’s taxing bodies — the village and the township.
- 30 years of civic and professional engagement in Oak Park.
- Already held elected office — defeating four other contenders for village clerk.
- Working relationships with Oak Park’s neighboring municipalities.
- Firsthand experience both owning and supporting small businesses, and astute insights into the challenges they face.
James Kelly, Oak Park