A salon worker was hit three times by a car driven by a customer who refused to pay for services rendered at 12:50 p.m., Oct. 28. The female offender left the salon, located in the first block of Madison Street, without paying and got into a black Honda SUV.
While attempting to flee the salon, the woman allegedly hit the salon worker three times with the rear of the SUV. The cost of the salon services is estimated at $85.
- A woman was allegedly attacked from behind by two men who hit her in the face and stole her purse, which contained her iPhone, driver’s license and credit and debit cards, at 9:15 a.m., Oct 24 in the first block of Lake Street. The offenders fled in a dark colored SUV. Her iPhone was later found in the 5700 block of West Lake Street, Chicago.
- A man was caught in an Oak Park resident’s home and allegedly began punching the victim in his head, while demanding the keys to his car at 1:15 p.m., Oct. 28 in the 1000 block of North Oak Park Avenue. The struggle continued into the backyard, with the offender continuing to punch the victim, before he fled in the victim’s white 2016 Mercedes 400. The man also took the victim’s black Samsung Galaxy Z Fold cell phone and a brown wallet, containing miscellaneous cards, identification and cash. The estimated loss is $21,725.
- Someone kicked in the locked front door of a home and removed two suitcases, cash, jewelry, a Canik 9 mm firearm, a safe, and personal documents between 8:45 a.m. and 9 a.m., Oct. 25 in the first block of Forest Avenue. The estimated loss is $170,700.
- Three men allegedly broke into Tobacco Zone, 6638 W. Roosevelt Rd., at 3:33 a.m., Oct. 26 after throwing a brick and shattering the front glass door. Once inside, they ransacked the store, taking cash and 13 boxes of cigars, while a fourth man stood look out in a new gray Dodge Charger, which served as the getaway car. The estimated loss is $4,300.
Motor vehicle theft
- A 2017 Elantra was removed from the 200 block of Harrison Street between 8 p.m., Oct. 23 and 7:50 a.m., Oct. 24.
- A 2019 BMW X4, which was parked with the keys left inside, was removed from the 400 block of Lake Street at 5:52 p.m., Oct. 24. Chicago police recovered the vehicle at 1:52 a.m., Oct. 29 in the 5000 block of West End Avenue in Chicago.
- A 2020 Kia Forte was taken from a parking lot in the first block of Le Moyne Parkway at 1:53 p.m., Oct. 25. The vehicle was recovered in the 700 block of South Kostner Avenue, Chicago at 3:32 p.m., Oct. 26.
- A 2013 Lincoln MKS was taken from the 500 block of Harrison Street between 8 p.m., Oct. 26 and 3:39 a.m., Oct. 27.
- A Dodge Durango belonging to the Oak Park Public Works Department was stolen between 12:45 p.m. and 2:30 p.m., Oct. 27 from the 200 block of South Boulevard.
- Three men were caught on video surveillance entering a Rosemont resident’s 2016 Chevrolet Cruz, which they drove off in, at 2:40 p.m., Oct. 27 in the 200 block of Lake Street. The vehicle was recovered two hours later in the 100 block of South Boulevard.
- A 2016 Kia Optima was taken between 6:55 a.m. and 6:59 a.m., Oct. 28 from the 200 block of Harrison Street. The vehicle was recovered at 9:54 p.m., Oct. 28 in the 1000 block of South Harvey Avenue.
- An unlocked running Lexus RX300 was removed from the first block of North Oak Park Avenue at 8:05 p.m., Oct. 29.
- A 2018 Kia Sportage was taken from the 300 block of South Boulevard between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m., Oct. 29.
Attempted motor vehicle theft
- Someone broke the rear passenger’s side window of a 2017 Hyundai Tucson and peeled its steering column between 8 p.m., Oct. 26 and 8 a.m., Oct. 27.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2008 Toyota Prius parked in the first block of South Grove Avenue between 9 a.m. and 11:50 a.m., Oct. 25.
Recovered stolen vehicle
- The 2011 Kia Optima that was stolen from Oak Park Oct. 22 was recovered by the Oak Park Police Department at 8:57 a.m., Oct. 24 in the 800 block of South Harvey Ave.
- The 2017 Hyundai Tucson reported stolen Oct. 21 from the 600 block of North Forest Avenue in Oak Park was found at 6:17 p.m., Oct. 24 in the first block of North Long Avenue, Chicago.
- The 2018 Hyundai Elantra reported stolen Oct. 23 from the 200 block of South Maple Avenue in Oak Park was recovered in the 700 block of East 111th Street in Chicago at 7:15 p.m., Oct. 24.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports through Oct. 25 to Oct. 31 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.