What Food Movie are you?
We can’t resist a good food themed film! Complete this crave-worthy quiz and add up the numbers of each of your answers and find out what food movie you are. We’ll give you some local dinner suggestions, too!
“If my boy says he can eat 50 eggs, he can eat 50 eggs.” Cool Hand Luke (1967)
Go to breakfast food?
- Scrambled eggs and toast from George’s
- The bistro omelette from Hemmingway’s
- A veggie breakfast wrap from Al’s Grill
- A waffle fl ight from Chicago Waffles
- Avocado toast from Citrine
- An egg sandwich to-go from Kribi Coffee
- A bloody mary from Poor Phil’s
“I’m in love. I’m having a relationship with my pizza.” Eat Pray Love (2010)
What’s on your pie?
- Black olives, artichoke, cured ham and porcini mushrooms
- Eggplant, summer squash, onion and garlic
- Pepperoni, red peppers and jalapenos
- A cookie pizza topped with fresh fruit and chocolate sauce
- Fresh Mozzarella, basil and tomato
- Brisket, barbecue sauce and crunchy onions
- Chicken, peanut sauce and scallions
“A martini. Shaken, not stirred.” – Goldfinger (1964)
Tell me what are you drinking.
- Limoncello from Cucina Paradiso
- Just a water bottle, thanks.
- An ice-cold lager, from Kinslahger
- Homemade hot chocolate from Twisted Cookie
- The Immune Boosting Juice Shot from Sugar Beet
- A cucumber Mojito from LaVergne’s Tavern
- A wine flight from Cooper’s Hawk
“Jenny and me was like peas and carrots.” Forrest Gump (1994)
Pick a pairing:
- Olive oil and ice cream
- Sancerre and sole meuniere
- Fresh mango and chili powder
- Chocolate and peanut butter
- Fried dumplings and Champagne
- Grilled cheese and tomato soup
- A lot of wine and a little cheese
“We elves try to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and syrup.” Elf (2003)
OK, now pick a sweet treat:
- Chicago pot hole gelato from Massa
- Croissant bread pudding from Sugar Fixe
- A bag of Lilly’s Chilis from Candycopia
- English toffee from River Forest Chocolates
- Matcha pudding with red bean from Kyuramen
- Beignets from Nola Louisiana Kitchen
- Babygold coffee from Babygold Barbecue
“Sometimes spaghetti likes to be alone.” Big Night (1996)
You’re home alone. What are you ordering for dinner?
- Joe’s Mama’s Meatballs from Victory
- Linguine and Shrimp Fra Diavolo from Il Viccolo
- Braised beef nachos from Maya del Sol
- I’m just gonna GoPuff an assortment of candy
- Too many maki rolls from Sushi Junki
- A Cuban sandwich from Café Cubano
- A burger with Brie cheese, bacon, caramelized onions from Duckfat Tavern
“Is butter a carb?” – Mean Girls (2004)
- Caesar salad, fettuccine alfredo and a glass of Chianti for the win!
- I want a baguette with brie and butter. And a glass of Champagne.
- Gather the family for some whole roasted branzino, crispy octopus and cauliflower.
- Give me a birthday cake milkshake!
- Waygu beef cheeks, matsutake mushrooms, o-toro—oishii!
- A molten lava cake!!!!
- A second glass of wine, please.
“Anyone can cook.” Ratatouille (2007)
Describe your kitchen skills.
- I am a serious cook — to eat good food is to be close to God.
- There is an artist living inside of me and my cooking skills are underrated.
- You’ll find me whipping up tacos, ice cream sundaes, and chili because I love toppings!
- I am all over the place, but I can rank every dish I’ve made from least to most scrumdiddlyumptious.
- I repeat the same recipe over and over and see myself improving little by little.
- I may not do everything great in my life, but I’m a good cook and want to share my skills.
- Ummm…cook? No, I’ll go out, but if anyone orders merlot I am leaving.
If you scored 8-13 you are BIG NIGHT (1996):
You are uncompromising in your desire for perfection and prize authenticity above all else. Behind your retro-cool exterior you have exacting standards, but your friends and family are in awe of your skills and talent. People may not understand your point of view all the time, but when you let your guard down you can be completely warm and loveable. Have dinner at Tre Sorelle or Rustico before streaming Big Night on Netflix.
If you scored 14-19 you are RATATOUILLE (2007):
You are an idealist with genuine entrepreneurial spirit. You see potential in everyone and believe passion, tenacity and dedication will make your dreams come true. You value partnership and believe everyone (including you) has greatness inside them. Order ratatouille from Hemmingway’s Bistro and some strawberry cheesecake from Schweet before streaming the movie on Disney+.
If you scored 20-26 you are TORTILLA SOUP (2001):
Family connection is at the heart of everything you do. Some may say you are a bit of a worrywart, but you know how to manage all the different personalities in your life. You respect tradition but have a modern flair and sincere zest for life. You use all your senses to bring love, laughter and respect to your life and the lives of others. Get some fare from Taco Mucho, Mexican Republic, or Margaritas before streaming the film on Peacock.
If you scored 27-32 you are WILLY WONKA AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY (1971):
Despite some hardship, you find a way really enjoy the sweet side of life. You are humble, optimistic, honest and caretaking of those around you. Though you may doubt yourself from time-to-time, you believe your imagination and creative side will take you far. Make a donation to the Community Fridge and gather treats from Oak Park Bakery, Candycopia, Spilt Milk and Happy Apple before watching on HBO Max or Amazon Prime.
If you scored 33-37 you are JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI (2011):
You are a music lover with a pristine aesthetic. You take comfort in routine and repetition and your consistency has made you a standout in your field. You don’t claim to be perfect but focus every day on improving your skills incrementally. Immersing yourself in tasks has helped you earned the respect of your peers. Grab some sushi from Sen, Inari, or Sushi House and watch the documentary on Netflix.
If you scored 38-43 you are CHEF (2004):
When you feel like you are in a rut, you are inclined to leave the mundane and frustrating behind and embark on an adventure. You can be a little hot headed at times, but your heart is in the right place, and you are willing to work for your success. You have a strong desire to make meaningful memories and nurture family connections. Snag some food from Cubanito Express or Media Noche Café, get off Twitter and stream the film on Hulu.
If you scored 44-48 you are SIDEWAYS (2004):
Devoted and intelligent, you are a true friend who likes to express a wide range of emotions. You like wine (like a lot) and will try your best to help those you love navigate life’s challenges. Life has thrown you some curveballs and you know you still have some growing up to do, but you are resilient and willing to help lift others up when life gets them down. Cheers to that! Visit Anfora Wine Merchants before you watch Sideways on HBO Max or Amazon Prime.