A Forest Park resident was shot at while driving early Saturday morning. The shots were fired from a black minivan that had been following her.
The victim relayed to police that she realized the minivan was following her while she was driving through the 1100 block of Randolph Street at 1:20 a.m., Sept. 17. She heard the gunshots after she exited her 2014 Toyota RAV4, which had broken down, according to police. Upon inspecting her vehicle, she found five bullet holes in her front passenger’s side door and both front tires flat.
The minivan was last seen traveling eastbound on Washington Boulevard from Austin Boulevard. An unknown person was also in the minivan, sitting in the front passenger’s side seat.
- A man pulled a gun on an Oak Park resident after the resident yelled out to him as he was standing at the driver’s side of the resident’s vehicle, which had a white Jeep with an open door parked behind it, at 12:25 p.m., Sept. 16 in the 600 block of South Austin Boulevard. No loss or damage to the vehicle was reported.
- An Oak Park resident was sitting in his vehicle, when he was approached by an armed male teenager, who pointed a silver handgun at the resident and demanded he turn over his property, at 10 p.m., Sept. 13 in the 200 block of Lake Street. The offender took cash from the vehicle and ransacked its glove compartment. As the offender was trying to take things from the backseat, the resident escaped by driving off. The estimated loss is $204.
- Someone broke the front passenger side window of a gray Mazda then stole the three photography-grade cameras and six camera lenses from the vehicle between 6 p.m. and 10:12 p.m., Sept. 15 in the first block of Lake Street. The estimated loss is $350.
- Someone broke the front and rear passengers’ side windows of a gray 2013 Toyota Prius then removed a pair of Everlast MX2 pro-hook boxing gloves from the backseat between 3:30 p.m. and 10:20 p.m., Sept. 15 in the first block of Lake Street. The estimated loss is $1,020.
- Someone broke the rear driver’s side window of a gray 2015 Chrysler and stole from the vehicle a University of Illinois Chicago bookbag that contained a University of Illinois Chicago iPad, an iPad pen, a personal iPad, a Bose speaker, a University of Illinois Chicago credit card and cash between 3:30 p.m. and 10 p.m., Sept. 15 in the first block of Lake Street. The estimated loss is $3,000.
Motor vehicle theft
- An Oak Park resident’s white 2018 Kia Optima was removed from the 900 block of North Ridgeland Avenue at 7:37 a.m., Sept. 13. Hockey equipment, men’s clothing, a Dell laptop with computer bag and a sensory weighted helmet with a vest were inside the vehicle. The total estimated loss is $23,000. The vehicle was recovered by Chicago police at 1:25 p.m., Sept. 14 in the 5400 block of West Chicago Avenue.
- A blue 2015 Jeep Wrangler was taken from the 100 block of North Humphrey Avenue at 1:30 a.m., Sept. 14.
- The catalytic converter from a gold 2002 Honda Civic was cut while the vehicle was parked in the 1100 block of Lyman Avenue between 11 p.m., Sept. 15 and 9:34 a.m., Sept. 16.
- A package was stolen from the foyer of a building in the 400 block of Home Avenue between 12:30 p.m., Sept. 14 and 1:09 p.m., Sept. 15. The estimated loss is $100.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports through Sept. 13 to Sept. 19 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.