Oak Park police arrested Chicago resident Luther D. Clark Jr. for attempted murder after he reportedly stabbed a 60-year-old man in the shoulder with a knife Saturday morning. The victim, who is also from Chicago, sustained non-life-threatening injuries in the attack.
Clark, 24, has been charged with attempted murder and aggravated assault by the Cook County State’s Attorney’s office. Police say there is no known connection between Clark and the victim, according to Oak Park spokesperson Angela Schell.
Police were called to the CTA Blue Line station at Oak Park Avenue at 8:54 a.m., Jan 26 following reports that a passenger had been stabbed. Clark attempted to flee police but was apprehended near the entrance of the Blue Line. He was arrested after being positively identified as the perpetrator.
The victim was taken to Loyola University Medical Center, where he was treated and released.
Aggravated vehicular hijacking
- An Uber driver was carjacked at gunpoint by three passengers between 11:30 p.m. and midnight, June 21 in the 700 block of Lyman Avenue. Upon arriving at their destination, one of the three passengers grabbed the Uber driver around his neck while another pointed a handgun at him. He was then forced out of his black 2018 Chrysler 300, which the three subjects drove away in. The estimated loss is $35,000.
Criminal sexual abuse
- After following the victim into the victim’s apartment building, a man exposed himself and grabbed the victim, who then fled from the man, between 9:11 p.m., June 23 in the first block of Washington Boulevard. The offender then exited in an unknown direction.
- Two men robbed another passenger of a fishing pole while on a CTA train car at 6:02 a.m., June 20 at the Austin Boulevard stop, 720 Austin Blvd.
Motor vehicle theft
- Someone removed a 2022 Hyundai Tucson, left unattended and running, between 9 p.m. and 9:15 p.m., June 22 in the 800 block of North East Avenue. The vehicle was recovered in Evanston shortly after.
- A gray 2019 Volkswagen Tiguan was removed from the 800 block of South Boulevard between 9:40 a.m. and 9:50 a.m., June 24. The estimated loss is $23,825.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a silver Acura TL between 8 p.m., June 18 and 5:30 p.m., June 20 in the 1000 block of North Elmwood Avenue.
- A FedEx package was removed from the front steps of an apartment building in the first block of Iowa Street at about 10 a.m., June 23.
- A secured Cannondale SuperSix EVO bicycle with carbon wheels and a bicycle GPS was taken from the back porch of a residence in the 1100 block of Washington Boulevard between 8:30 p.m., June 19 and 7:30 a.m., June 20. The estimated loss is $6,400.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2015 Honda CRV parked in the 900 block of South Boulevard between 6:30 a.m., June 22 and 7:20 a.m., June 24.
Criminal property damage
- The glass window of a little free library was shattered after someone threw a rock at it between 8:45 a.m. and 9 a.m., June 20 in the 400 block of North Elmwood Avenue. The estimated damage is $100.
- Someone shattered the glass front entry door to a building in the 100 block of Harrison Street between 9 a.m., June 17 and 7 a.m. June 23. The estimated damage is $500.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports through June 21 to June 27 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.