The 7-Eleven convenience store at 661 South Boulevard was robbed by three men and one woman at 11:27 p.m., April 13. One man allegedly implied he had a weapon, and another brandished a firearm, before all four went behind the counter and took about $400 in cash from the register, as well as cigarettes, lottery tickets and an employee’s cell phone, which was later recovered in the 100 block of South Elmwood Avenue. The four offenders fled the scene in a dark Chevrolet sedan with no registration.
Aggravated use of firearm
- Someone discharged a firearm at Midas auto repair shop, 6249 North Ave., striking the front glass pane with one bullet and the side door with three at 2:57 a.m., April 16. The estimated damage is unknown.
Unlawful use of weapon arrest
- Chadd C. Sutton, of the 6400 block of South King Drive, Chicago, was charged with aggravated unlawful use of a weapon and possession of a stolen firearm, after he was stopped by Oak Park police for a traffic violation and found to be in possession of a stolen firearm at 2:03 a.m., April 13 in the 100 block of Madison Street. The 31-year-old also received a citation for the traffic violation.
- Someone broke the victim’s vehicle window and removed a garage door opener from the vehicle, then used the garage door opener to open the victim’s garage, out of which a red Toro snow blower, an orange Black and Decker leaf blower and an orange Black and Decker grass trimmer were taken, between 9 p.m., April 13 and 5:45 a.m., April 14 in the 1100 block of North Oak Park Avenue. The estimated loss is $1,015.
Motor vehicle theft
- Someone removed a red 2003 Hyundai Elantra that was parked on the street in the 400 block of South Humphrey Avenue at about 2:53 a.m., April 9. The estimated loss is $8,320.
- A silver 2016 Toyota Corolla, which had a spare key in the middle console, was removed from fourth floor of a parking garage in the 100 block of Forest Place between 12:30 p.m., April 9 and 3:37 p.m., April 17. The estimated loss is $18,000.
- Someone cut the catalytic converter from a white 2005 Jeep Liberty parked in the 1100 block of Pleasant Street between 5:30 p.m., April 11 and 11:20 a.m., April 12.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a white 2010 Mitsubishi parked in the 200 block of South Maple Avenue between 12:01 a.m. and 6 a.m., April 12.
- A PlayStation 4 was stolen after the victim met the offender under the pretense of exchanging the gaming system for other electronic equipment. Once the PlayStation 4 was handed over, the male offender fled the scene on a bicycle at 10:35 p.m., April 13 in the 6100 block of Roosevelt Road. The estimated loss is $300.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2012 Hyundai Tucson parked in the 100 block of North Humphrey Avenue between 7 a.m., April 12 and 6:30 a.m., April 14.
Criminal property damage
- Someone broke the driver’s side window of a grey 2013 Honda Civic parked in the 1100 block of Hayes Avenue between noon, April 10 and 6:33 p.m., April 11. The estimated damage is $200.
- A man in a hooded sweatshirt was captured on video surveillance cameras throwing a brick through the glass front door of Walgreens, 6412 W. Roosevelt Rd., then fleeing the scene on foot at 11:31 p.m., April 13. The estimated damage is $3,000.
- The front passenger’s side tire of a 2020 Jeep Compass was slashed while the vehicle was parked in the 1000 block of Lake Street between 12:30 a.m. and 10 a.m., April 16.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports through April 12 to April 18 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.