Again this year we asked our readers to offer their ideas on who should be the Villager of the Year for Oak Park and for River Forest. We heard from dozens of Oak Parkers. River Foresters were oddly quiet this year.
But here are a few collections of people, offered up by our readers.
- School nurses
- School nurses and teachers
- D200 school board for changes to the freshman curriculum
- D90, D97, D200 teachers
- Health workers and pharmacy workers
- Youth sports and youth arts leaders
And here are the individuals nominated by our readers.
- Dr. Theresa Chapple-McGruder. Oak Park’s public health director
- Fritz Kaegi, Cook County Assessor and Oak Parker
- Vicki Scaman, Oak Park village president
- Anthony Clark for his work on the Community Fridges and as a village board candidate
- Monica Sheehan, activist related to OPRF and taxing
- Darien Marion Burton, new president of the OPRF Chamber
- Supt. Greg Johnson and Principal Lynda Parker of OPRF
- David Seleb, Oak Park library executive director
- Arti Walker-Peddakotla, Oak Park village trustee, and members of ROYAL
- Ravi Parakkat, Oak Park village trustee, for his work on Takeout 25 project
- Judith Alexander, North Avenue District leader
- Keith Taylor, local editorial cartoonist, who died in December
- Lynda Schueler, Housing Forward executive director