A resident of Sheboygan, Wisconsin, became the victim of an armed robbery after traveling on the CTA Green Line during the late morning of Sept. 11. The victim was seated in the train car when a man entered into the same train car at 9:33 a.m. at the Oak Park Avenue Green Line station in the 300 block of South Boulevard.
He pointed a silver handgun at the victim and snatched the victim’s red iPhone 11 out of his hands. The offender then ran off the train when it pulled into the Ridgeland Avenue stop. The police reports estimate the loss of the cell phone at $1,000.
- After parking a white 2011 Volkswagen Jetta, an Oak Park resident was approached from behind by two men wearing ski masks; one of the men wrestled the keys to the vehicle out of the victim’s hand then both offenders drove off in the victim’s vehicle at 9:37 p.m., Sept. 11 in the 300 block of South Harvey Avenue. The estimated loss of the vehicle is $5,392.
- Someone in a dark colored two-door vehicle threw an egg at an Oak Park resident, striking the victim in the face, while he was waiting at the bus stop in the 1100 block of North Harlem Boulevard between 11:15 p.m. and 11:22 p.m., Sept. 14.
Motor vehicle theft
- An unlocked gray Chevrolet Aveo was removed from a parking lot in the 200 block of Lake Street between 1 p.m. and 3 p.m., Sept. 15. The estimated loss is $2,000.
- Someone stole a black 2018 Lexus ES350 that was parked on the street in the 1200 block of North East Avenue between 7:45 p.m. and 10 p.m., Sept. 15. The loss is estimated at $25,000.
- A black 2015 Toyota Avalon was taken from the 6900 block of West Roosevelt Road between 5 p.m. and 8:13 p.m., Sept. 13. The estimated loss is worth $20,000.
Recovered stolen auto
- The black Honda taken during a vehicular hijacking Sept. 3 in the 400 block of South Elmwood Avenue was recovered by Chicago police in the 1000 block of North Kildare Avenue in Chicago at 4:04 p.m., Sept. 16.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a silver 2005 Toyota Prius between 4:28 a.m. and 4:33 a.m., Sept. 10 in the 100 block of North Kenilworth Avenue.
- Someone stole a brown lounge chair from the backyard of a residence in the 600 block of North Harvey Avenue between midnight, Sept. 8 and midnight, Sept. 13. The loss is estimated at $150.
Criminal damage to property
- Someone threw landscaping pavers at the front windshield of a black 2014 Chevrolet sedan between 11 p.m., Sept. 10 and 9:27 a.m., Sept. 11 in the 1500 block of North Austin Boulevard.
- After refusing to wear a mask at the request of an employee at Enterprise, 25 Chicago Ave., a male customer walked behind the counter, grabbed the employee’s personal cell phone and threw it, shattering the glass window behind the counter then threw a chair at the victim between 9:30 and 9:34 a.m., Sept. 12. The offender departed from the scene on foot.
- Someone broke into the pool area of Rehm Park, 515 Garfield St., and damaged three vacuums, a lifeguard chair and a couple line reels around 5:26 p.m., Sept. 12.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports Sept. 10 through Sept. 17 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.