A handgun has gone missing in the Oak Park area after it was removed from a 2014 Jeep Laredo during a June 14 burglary that occurred in the 1000 block of South Humphrey Avenue between 4:45 a.m. and 10 a.m.
The firearm was taken from the Jeep along with a cell phone and two 12-inch subwoofers that were in the vehicle’s trunk. Police estimate the value of the entire stolen merchandise at $2,940.
- Five dumbbells were taken from a residential garage with an unlocked side service door between 7:45 a.m., June 13 and 7 a.m., June 14 in the 300 block of North Elmwood Avenue. The estimated loss is $350.
- Someone broke into a residential garage by removing the screen to a window, then once inside, took a leaf blower, weed remover and a child-size motorized bicycle between 6 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., June 16 in the 500 block of North Cuyler Avenue. The estimated loss is $2,100.
- Video surveillance captured a man breaking into a residence’s garage after breaking its security lock; once inside, the man removed three drills, a jigsaw and a miter saw between 4:33 a.m. and 4:52 a.m., June 8 in the 500 block of North Ridgeland Avenue.
- The interior of an unlocked Honda was ransacked, and a brown wallet containing money and identification cards taken from the vehicle between 9 a.m., June 15 and 11:20 a.m., June 16 in the 800 block of South Grove Avenue. The estimated loss is $100.
Motor vehicle theft
- Someone removed a 2003 Subaru Legacy from the fourth floor of a parking garage in the 1100 Block of South Boulevard between 5 p.m., June 9 and 6 a.m., June 11. The estimated loss is $4,500.
- Someone was seen removing a 2010 Chevrolet Traverse, left unattended and running, between 3:15 p.m. and 3:25 p.m., June 10 in the 300 block of Chicago Avenue. The estimated loss is $6,500.
- An unattended and unsecured black BMX-style bike was taken from outside a residence in the 700 block of Wesley Avenue at 6:44 a.m., June 11. The estimated loss is $100.
- An Amigo Mobility motorized shopping cart was taken from Pete’s Fresh Market, 259 W. Lake St., between 8 p.m., June 5 and 7 a.m., June 6. The estimated loss is $1,500.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2015 Honda Fit that was parked in a parking lot in the 1100 block of West Augusta Street between 4 p.m., June 9 and 7:30 a.m., June 10.
- A black bicycle was removed from underneath a rear residential porch in the 700 block of South Grove Avenue between 6 p.m., June 15 and 1:30 p.m., June 17. The estimated loss is $434.
- A bicycle was removed from a playground in the 1000 block of North Ridgeland Avenue around 5 p.m., June 15. The estimated loss is $499.
Criminal property damage
- The front windshield of a vehicle was shattered between 9 p.m., June 16 and 7:25 a.m., June 17 in the 1000 block of Wisconsin Avenue. The estimated damage is $500.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports June 14 through June 20 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan