New Life Ministries Church of God in Christ, 634 N. Austin Blvd., was burglarized by an unknown person or persons who shattered a basement window to gain entry into the church between 10 a.m., April 7 and 1 p.m., April 8. Once inside, the burglar or burglars removed speakers from the sanctuary inside the church. Police estimate the loss of the speakers at $800.
- Someone broke into a residence and removed eight rings from a bedroom between midnight, March 23 and 1:07 p.m., April 6 in the 400 block of North Harvey Avenue. The estimated loss is $8,000.
- Someone broke into a detached residential garage and removed multiple electric tools, an air compressor, floor jack, hedge trimmer and a lawn mower between 10 p.m., April 1 and 7:30 a.m., April 2 in the 500 block of North Taylor Avenue. The estimated loss is $2,035.
- Someone pried open the rear alley security gate of a Duffy Construction Co. construction site, broke into the construction office and took a laptop computer, radio and circular saw between 7 p.m., April 1 and 6 a.m., April 2 in the 800 block of South Oak Park Avenue. The estimated loss is $3,000.
- Someone broke into a residential garage and took two bicycles, a lawn mower, an air compressor and multiple electric power tools between 7:30 a.m., March 27 and 8:30 p.m., April 1 in the 700 block of North Elmwood Avenue. Estimated loss is $3,370.
- A bicycle was removed from a detached residential garage in the 900 block of South Austin Boulevard between 6 p.m., April 7 and 4:13 p.m., April 8. The estimated loss of the bicycle is $450.
- Someone broke into a parked 2017 Hyundai Tucson and removed $40 in cash from the victim’s wallet left in the vehicle between 3 p.m., April 5 and 7 a.m., April 7 in the 400 block of North Humphrey Avenue.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2018 Ford E450 while parked in the 6900 block of West North Avenue between midnight, March 26 and 12:26 p.m., April 6.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a Toyota Prius while parked in the 100 block of West Harrison Street between 11 p.m., April 5 and 8 a.m., April 6.
Criminal damage to property
- Someone damaged the front windshield of a 2018 Hyundai Sonata while parked in the 6300 block of Roosevelt Road between 11:30 p.m., April 2 and 1:10 a.m., April 3. Estimated damage is $500.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports April 5 – April 12 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan