A suburban Lombard resident was the victim of an armed robbery in Oak Park at 7 p.m., March 31. The resident had planned to purchase clothing from the offender at a prearranged spot in the 500 block of North Cuyler Avenue.
Upon arriving at the designated location, the victim handed cash to a man sitting in the driver’s seat of a black Hyundai sports utility vehicle. The man then showed the victim a black handgun, possibly semi-automatic, and placed it on his lap, pointed in the direction of the victim. He told the victim she would not get her money or the clothes.
The offender then fled the scene, traveling northbound on Cuyler Avenue. The estimated loss is $400.
- Someone pried open the door to Village Laundromat, 14 W. Chicago Ave., and stole copper piping and fittings, tools and a flatscreen television between 3 p.m., March 30 and 7 a.m., March 31. The estimated loss is $3,300.
- A pair of white and gold Coach sunglasses were taken out of a vehicle between 7:30 p.m. and 11:45 p.m., March 31 in the 100 block of North Humphrey Avenue. The loss is estimated at $400.
- Someone broke into a vehicle and removed from inside an iPad, two credit cards and one debit card between 5:30 p.m., March 30 and noon, March 31 in the 1000 block of South Austin Boulevard. The estimated loss is $500.
- Someone broke the front passenger’s side window of a 2021 Honda HRV then stole a white charging cable from inside the vehicle between 2 p.m., April 3 and 1:32 p.m., April 4 in the 100 block of North Austin Boulevard.
Aggravated vehicular hijacking arrest
- Police have arrested a Chicago juvenile with possession of a stolen vehicle and aggravated vehicular hijacking which occurred in the 600 block of Fair Oaks Avenue at 1:10 p.m., March 29. The juvenile was arrested at 6:03 p.m., March 30 in the 1000 block of North Waller Avenue in Chicago.
- Someone cut the catalytic converter from a 2008 Toyota Prius while it was parked in the 400 block of South Grove Avenue between 3:45 p.m. and 4:05 p.m., March 29. The estimated loss is $248.
- The catalytic converter was taken from a 2000 Silver Honda Accord between 4 p.m., March 24 and 11:30 a.m., March 31 in the 500 block of South Boulevard.
- A package containing boots was taken from the front vestibule of a residential building in the 400 block of South Lombard Avenue between 7 p.m., March 27 and 5 a.m., March 28. The estimated loss is $40.
Criminal damage to property
- Someone removed the driver’s side window of a 2006 Blue Saab parked in the rear of an Oak Park residence and also shattered a small glass windowpane on the residence’s front door between 12:01 a.m. and 9 a.m., March 31 in the 800 block of Lombard Avenue. The estimated loss is $100.
- The driver’s side window of a 2007 Buick Lacrosse was damaged while parked in the 600 block of Fair Oaks Avenue between 6 p.m. and 10:07 p.m., March 26. The estimated damage is $150.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports March 30 – April 5 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan