Here’s the Illinois law more observed in the breach than the keeping:
10 ILCS 5/29-14.1 – the Campaign Sign Regulation Act.
- Campaign signs shall be no larger than 2 x 3 feet
- All signs shall be made of a biodegradable material
- No more than one sign for each candidate for each public office
- No signs on public property
- Signs no closer than 20 feet from the property line
This means that almost every lawn sign displayed in Illinois is illegal and subject to a fine of $2 per day per sign! If you don’t like the law, get it repealed, but until then, obey it!
Dan Dobruse, Oak Park