A 30-year-old North Chicago woman was arrested for trespassing after initially refusing to leave KFC, 316 Madison St., around 7 p.m., Nov. 22. The woman finally exited the building but began to act erratically and started to scream at the KFC employees to come outside and fight, according to the Oak Park Police Department.
When police arrived, the offender was asked numerous times to leave the property, at the manager’s request. Instead she ran back to the building and began attempting to tamper with equipment.
- Someone removed seven credit and debit cards, cash and an Illinois driver’s license from an unlocked Ford Econoline parked in the 800 block of North Ridgeland Avenue between 2 and 3 p.m., Nov. 26.
- Someone ransacked the interior of a 2019 GMC Acadia parked in the 400 block of Washington Boulevard between 2:30 p.m., Nov. 22 and 12:30 p.m., Nov. 23.
Motor vehicle theft
- A 2021 Hyundai Tucson, parked in the 500 block of North Humphrey Avenue, was taken between 2 and 2:47 p.m., Nov. 26.
- A 2018 Hyundai Sonata in the 900 block of North Taylor Avenue was taken between 8 p.m., Nov. 26 and 7:43 a.m., Nov. 27. Chicago police recovered the vehicle at 3:55 p.m., Nov. 27 in the 4900 block of West Lake Street in Chicago.
- A 2016 Kia Soul in the 200 block of South Maple Avenue was taken between 2 p.m., Nov. 27 and 9 a.m., Nov. 28.
- A tan 2017 Hyundai Elantra in the 6100 block of Roosevelt Road was removed between 6 and 10 p.m., Nov. 23.
- Someone removed a 2018 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, left running with the keys in the ignition, in the 100 block of Forest Avenue between 4 and 4:18 p.m., Nov. 24.
Attempted motor vehicle theft
Someone broke the rear passenger side window of a 2020 Kia Niro then damaged the vehicle’s ignition between 12:01 a.m. and 9:21 p.m., Nov. 23.
Recovered motor vehicle
- The 2000 Lexus, reported stolen Oct. 29 from the 100 block of North Oak Park Avenue, was recovered by Chicago police in the 6200 block of West North Avenue in Chicago at 4:34 p.m., Nov. 23.
- The 2018 Chrysler Pacifica, reported stolen Oct. 20 from the 400 block of North Kenilworth Avenue, was recovered by the Illinois State Police in the first block of North Main Street in Glen Ellyn at 11:23 p.m., Nov. 22.
- The 2021 Kia Seltos, reported stolen Nov. 2 from the 300 block of South Harvey Avenue, was recovered by police in the 4600 block of West Deming Place in Chicago at 2:10 a.m., Nov. 23.
- The 2019 Hyundai Elantra, reported stolen Nov. 23 from the 600 block of South Scoville Avenue, was recovered by Chicago police in the 3800 block of West Fillmore Street in Chicago at 12:59 p.m., Nov. 25.
- The 2018 Hyundai Sonata, reported stolen Nov. 27 from the 900 block of North Taylor Avenue, was recovered by Chicago police in the 4900 block of West Lake Street in Chicago at 3:55 p.m. that day.
- Someone removed a package containing two coats between 5:12 p.m., Nov. 20 and 9 a.m., Nov. 21 in the 200 block of Washington Boulevard.
- Someone removed $225 in cash out of a server’s book at Cooper’s Hawk, 950 Lake St., between 5 and 6:21 p.m., Nov. 18.
- The catalytic converter was removed from a 2003 Honda CRV parked in the 600 block of North Cuyler Avenue between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m., Nov. 20.
Criminal property damage
- Someone broke the rear passenger side window of a 2017 Kia Sportage between 4 p.m., Nov. 20 and 8:40 a.m., Nov. 21 in the 500 block of North Taylor Avenue.
- Someone damaged the rear entry gate of an Oak Park resident’s wooden gate between 7 p.m., Nov. 22 and 9:01 a.m., Nov. 23 in the 1000 block of South East Avenue.
- Someone shattered the rear driver side vent window of a 2014 Kia Cadenza between 8 p.m., Nov. 22 and 9 a.m., Nov. 23 in the 400 block of South Humphrey Avenue.
These items, obtained from Oak Park Police Department reports, Nov. 22-27, represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.