A female juvenile from Maywood was allegedly sexually assaulted by a man in his 50s at Austin Gardens in the 100 block of Forest Avenue at 8:15 p.m., Nov. 14. The victim said the offender arranged to meet after conversing through a phone app. When the man arrived, he allegedly began trying to remove the victim’s clothes. When she resisted, he told her not to scream, then sexually assaulted her. The victim was later taken to Rush Oak Park Hospital.
Police reports describe the offender as a Black male in his 50s, about 5-feet-8. He was last seen wearing a blue puffy coat and blue jeans.
Aggravated vehicular hijacking
- Two Chicago residents were carjacked at 8:20 p.m., Nov. 21, in the 900 block of Home Avenue. The victim driving the vehicle exited to make a delivery, leaving the second victim in the passenger’s seat of the gray 2017 Lincoln MKC, when a light-colored sedan pulled up next to their vehicle and a man exited the sedan from the passenger’s side, pointed a black gun and ordered the seated victim out of the vehicle. When the driver returned, the offender took her keys then fled in her vehicle, followed by the sedan.
The Lincoln MKC was recovered at 1:19 a.m., Nov. 22, in the 4500 block of South Ellis Avenue in Chicago. Police reports describe the offender as a Black male, about 5-feet-8 with a thin build. He was last seen wearing a yellow knit cap, a dark surgical mask and a black hoodie.
Recovered stolen automobile
The white Acura, reported stolen Nov. 11 from the 200 block of South Maple Street, was recovered by Chicago police in the Chicago Auto Pound, 701 N. Sacramento Ave. at 3:49 p.m., Nov. 19.
Motor vehicle theft
- Someone removed an unlocked Toyota Camry using the spare key hidden under the driver’s seat between 4 p.m., Nov. 14 and 6 a.m., Nov. 15 in the 400 block of South Kenilworth Avenue. The estimated loss is $17,000.
- A Honda Pilot was removed using a spare key found inside the vehicle between 6 p.m., Nov. 18, and 7 a.m., Nov. 19, in the 800 block of North Austin Boulevard. The estimated loss is $32,500.
Chicago police recovered the vehicle in the 5100 block of Madison Street in Chicago at 9 a.m., Nov. 21.
- The catalytic converter was taken from a 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Nov. 15, while the vehicle was parked in the north lot of West Suburban Hospital, 3 Erie Ct.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2006 green Toyota parked in the 200 block of South Lombard Avenue between noon and 2 p.m., Nov. 15.
- Several items of audiovisual equipment were removed from the balcony in the sanctuary of Greater Chicago Church, 705 Jackson Blvd. between 12:30 p.m., Nov. 7, and 9 a.m., Nov. 11. The estimated loss is $2,848.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2021 Mitsubishi Outlander between 6:30 p.m., Nov. 17, and 7:45 a.m., Nov. 18, in the 1000 block of South Humphrey Avenue.
- The catalytic converter was removed from a 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander between midnight and 11 a.m., Nov. 18, in the first block of Augusta Boulevard.
- Someone took a package containing a black jumpsuit from the front porch of a residence in the 600 block of South Oak Park Avenue between 11:25 a.m. and 4:27 p.m., Nov. 18.
- The catalytic converter was removed from a black 2002 Acura, parked in the 600 block of South Boulevard between 12:30 p.m., Nov. 18, and 9 a.m., Nov. 19.
- The catalytic converter was taken from a silver 2019 Mitsubishi Outlander parked in the 400 block of South Cuyler Avenue between 5 p.m., Nov. 18, and 7:15 a.m., Nov. 19.
- Someone cut the catalytic converter out of a gray 2005 Honda Accord, parked in the 100 block of South East Avenue between 8 p.m., Nov. 16, and 5 p.m., Nov. 19.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports Nov. 15-22 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.