WHAT: Roosevelt Road Zombie Walk & Pub Crawl
WHEN: Fri, October 28, 2016
Make-up and staging from 5:30PM – 7:00PM at Culver’s
Pub Crawl runs from 6:00PM – 11:00PM
Complimentary food buffet at FitzGerald’s starting at 9:30PM
WHERE: Berwyn’s Roosevelt Road
- Culver’s (6943 W Roosevelt Rd) will host make-up and costume staging from 5:30PM-7:00PM. This is the first official stop on the crawl. Registrants can pick-up event wristbands at this location all evening.
- Commodore Barry American Legion Post (6919-23 W Roosevelt Rd) will offer $1 Jello and apple pie shots. Big Guys Sausage Stand will hand out complimentary zombie bites in the tent in the cul de sac next to the Post.
- 12th Street Rag (7023 W Roosevelt Rd) will offer beer specials.
- Friendly Tap (6733 W Roosevelt Rd) will host three bands and “Friendly” specials.
- FitzGerald’s Nightclub (6615 W Roosevelt Rd) will host a complimentary “Taste of Roosevelt Road” feeding frenzy starting at 9:30PM. Zombie Costumer winner will also be announced.
- Kinslahger Brewing Company (6806 W. Roosevelt Rd)will offer $2 half pints in “zombie” glasses.
- Krew Rock Lounge (6319 W Roosevelt Rd) will have photo opportunities with the Grim Reaper to showcase your participation in the #BerwynZombieWalk. Entertainment includes DJ XXX Hollywood XXX from 8PM-close and drink specials will be $2 16oz cans and $6 zombie punch.
- Lucky’s (7123 W Roosevelt Rd) will have karaoke and $3 fireball shots.
- Nonna D’s Pizzeria & Sports Bar (7109 W Roosevelt Rd) will offer $3 Miller Lites, $5 martinis and free pizza slices.
- Pat’s Pub (6907 W Roosevelt Rd) will offer $2 domestic bottles, $1 Jello shots and complimentary snacks.
- Winning Circle (6909 W Roosevelt Rd) will offer $2 domestics.
- Wire (6815 W Roosevelt Rd) will offer surprise specials.
WHY: The dead will rise (again) to feed their instincts for a cult-classic zombie fest at the 7th Annual Roosevelt Road Zombie Walk & Pub Crawl on Fri, Oct 28. The event will feature zombie make-up, a pub crawl and feeding frenzy designed to rival even your fondest memories of Thriller. Participation in the event is $20 early bird until Weds, Oct 26 at 5PM or $25 at the door. Wristbands include admission, exclusive drink specials for the zombified, make-up (if needed) and free eats provided at the conclusion of the crawl. The first 100 to purchase tickets will receive a FREE special edition commemorative t-shirt.
Horrorbles, Berwyn’s renowned horror and sci-fi collectibles store, will sponsor make-up and costume staging from 5:30PM – 7:00PM at Culver’s. Once properly attired, the undead can pick-up their wristbands at Commodore Barry American Legion Post and start the crawl. The road will be peppered with hearses from the Hard Core Hearse Club. Once the crawl is over, zombies can resume their search for brains at their favorite Berwyn haunts until the late hours of the evening.
A portion of the event proceeds will support the Veltway Music Collective instrument drive. Food will be donated by Autre Monde Café & Spirits, Big Guys Sausage Stand, Buona Restaurant, Capri Ristorante, Culver’s, Di Nico’s Pizza & Gelato, Nonna D’s, Turano’s Mamma Susi Bakeshop, Vesecky’s Bakery and Wing Boss. This event is sponsored in part by Alderman Nora Laureto, 8th Ward; Horrorbles; Krew Rock Lounge and The Veltway Corporation.
For more information or to register, visit whyberwyn.com/event/roosevelt-road-zombie-walk-pub-crawl/ or http://bit.ly/BerwynZombieWalk16 . Follow the event on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/events/673618169471643/.
CONTACT: Amy M. Crowther
Berwyn Development Corporation