A 35-year-old woman from the 100 block of Washington Boulevard was arrested Aug. 26 and charged with aggravated assault after being identified as the person who held a kitchen knife at another Oak Park resident’s throat and threatened bodily harm.
The incident was domestic incident involving the offender and the victim, who police identified as the offender’s mother.
- A man grabbed a key fob and keys out of an Oak Park resident’s hand, then pushed the resident and fled at 10:53 p.m. Aug. 24 on the 1000 block of Randolph Street.
Motor vehicle theft
- A 2017 Nissan Rogue parked in the 200 block of South Elmwood Avenue was removed between 9 p.m. Aug. 25 and 7:50 a.m. Aug. 26.
- A 2015 Dodge Charger parked in the 400 block of South Harvey Avenue was removed between 8:30 a.m. and 8:30 p.m. Aug. 26.
- A 2018 Kia Sportage parked in the first block of Erie Street was removed between 12:52 p.m. and 1:53 p.m. Aug. 24. Chicago police recovered the vehicle on the 100 block of North Mayfield Avenue, Chicago, at 1:15 a.m. Aug. 25.
- A black 2019 Ford Escape was removed between 10 p.m. Aug. 22 and 5:59 p.m. Aug. 23 in the 1000 block of Randolph Street.
Attempted vehicle theft
- An Oak Park man reported seeing two men fleeing from his 2016 Kia Sportage after the car alarm had been set off at 1:05 a.m. Aug 26 on the 200 block of Chicago Avenue. The Kia’s rear passenger’s side window was broken and its steering column peeled.
- Someone removed the copper downspout from a residence in the 1000 block of North Euclid Avenue between 1 p.m. Aug. 20 and 1 p.m. Aug. 26.
- A FedEx package containing baby furniture was taken from a common area of an Oak Park resident’s apartment building in the 6400 block of West Roosevelt Road between 3:43 p.m. and 4 p.m. Aug. 22. The estimated loss is $699.
- A man was captured via video surveillance removing a package from a front porch in the 1000 block of South Harvey Avenue at 5:32 p.m. Aug. 23. The package contained a denim skirt and a pair of sunglasses, an estimated loss of $150.
Criminal property damage
- Someone shattered the glass windowpane on the front door of a building belonging to the Oak Park Residence Corporation between 6:30 a.m. and 8 a.m. Aug. 24 in the first block of South Boulevard.
These items were obtained from Oak Park Police Department reports dated Aug. 22-28 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan