An Oak Park resident was robbed at gunpoint by two men at 6:25 p.m., Nov. 28, while walking home in the 1000 block of Gunderson Avenue. The two men approached the victim, then one pointed a handgun at him and stated, “Give me everything,” according to police. The second man then asked the victim where his car was parked. The two men fled in the victim’s 2007 Lexus. The estimated loss of the victim’s property is $10,200.
Aggravated discharge of a firearm
- Police officers arrived in the 100 block of North Cuyler Avenue at 10:36 p.m., Dec. 2, following reports of gunfire and found four 9mm casings on the scene.
- Someone fired roughly 10 gunshots at 10:48 p.m., Nov. 28, in the 400 block of North Scoville Avenue then fled northbound in a silver SUV. Seven shell casings were found at the scene.
Attempted vehicular hijacking
- A Chicago resident was sitting in his Ford F-150 in the 600 block of North Cuyler Avenue at 11 a.m., Nov. 29, when an unknown man opened the driver’s side door and began hitting the victim in his face. The man then pulled the victim out of the vehicle and attempted to drive off in it but was unsuccessful and instead stole a bag of tools from the Ford.
- Three or four spools of 14-guage electrical wire were stolen from a building under construction in the 200 block of Madison Street between 2:41 a.m. and 5:45 a.m., Dec. 1. Drywall was also damaged.
- A white 2020 Hyundai Palisade, a white 2020 Ram 1500 and a gray 1995 Volvo 850 were removed during a burglary of Stetson Motors, 639 Madison St., which occurred between 1:41 a.m. and 1:49 a.m., Dec. 1.
Motor vehicle theft
- Someone removed a 2011 Toyota Corolla parked in the 200 block of Washington Boulevard between 11:30 a.m., Nov. 27, and 7:45 a.m., Nov. 28, after the victim mistakenly left the vehicle keys attached to the deadbolt lock on the front door of the residence.
- A 2017 Hyundai Sonata parked in the 500 block of North Humphrey Avenue was taken between 5 p.m., Nov. 25, and 9:13 a.m., Nov. 28.
- A 2014 Kia Rio was taken between 2 p.m., Nov. 28, and 7:45 a.m., Nov. 29, from the 400 block of South Clinton Avenue.
- A 2015 Hyundai was removed between 10:30 p.m., Dec. 1, and 2:25 a.m., Dec. 2, from the 400 block of North Humphrey Avenue. Westchester police recovered the vehicle with a damaged steering column at 2:29 a.m., Dec. 2, near Interstate 290 and 17th Avenue. Officers made two apprehensions.
Attempted motor vehicle theft
- Someone broke the rear passenger’s side window of a 2012 Kia Soul then stripped the vehicle’s steering column between 6:25 p.m. and 7:02 p.m., Nov. 28, in the 900 block of Gunderson Avenue.
- Someone broke the rear passenger’s side window of a 2016 Kia Soul then stripped the vehicle’s steering column between 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., Nov. 28, in the 1000 block of South Scoville Avenue.
- A package containing six bottles of white wine was taken from the front porch of a residence in the 600 block of South Harvey Avenue between 12:30 p.m. and 12:35 p.m., Nov. 28. The estimated loss is $100.
- A package of clothing from Rent the Runway was removed from a front porch in the 600 block of North Kenilworth Avenue between 7 a.m., Nov. 24, and 3:30 p.m., Nov. 25. The estimated loss is $1,000.
- Six Amazon packages were taken from a front porch in the 500 block of South Humphrey Avenue between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., Nov. 29. The packages contained a stroller, a dog bowl, a hair dryer and miscellaneous toys, a total estimated loss of $700.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a Mitsubishi Outlander parked in the first block of Erie Court between 7:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Nov. 29.
- A FedEx package containing a pair of Apple headphone earpads was taken from a front door in the 900 block of Madison Street at about 4 p.m., Nov. 30.
- Two copper gutters were removed from the rear of a residence in the 1200 block of Edmer Avenue between 2:30 a.m. and 7 a.m., Dec. 1. The estimated loss is $500.
- Someone removed a package, which contained a dozen bottles of wine and clothing, from a front porch in the 700 block of South Taylor Avenue between 11:22 a.m. and 11:29 a.m., Nov. 30. The estimated loss is $1,107.
These items, obtained from Oak Park Police Department reports from Nov. 28-Dec. 5, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.