An Oak Park resident was robbed between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. Oct. 6 in the 800 block of Madison Street. A thin black man, approximately 5-foot-6 to 5-foot-8, around 25 to 30 years old, and wearing a floral printed pink scarf with white trim, blue jeans and brown Timberland boots, approached the victim and brandished a knife.
The offender forced the victim inside a dark colored four-door vehicle and took cash, a book, a bottle of perfume and can of mace from the victim.
The offender dropped the victim off in the vicinity of Wesley Avenue and Washington Boulevard and drove off in an unknown direction.
- An Aurora resident was robbed in the 800 block of Madison Street at 10 p.m. Oct. 5 while exiting a business. The offender was described as 5-foot-11 with a medium build and wearing a mask over his face and all black clothing.
The offender reportedly approached the victim as she exited a business, demanding her purse, cash and jewelry, a total estimated loss of$16,500. The man fled eastbound across Oak Park Avenue toward the north alley of Madison Street.
- A Cicero tow truck driver was robbed in the 1100 block of Superior Street around 1 p.m. Oct. 6.
The victim was sitting in the driver’s seat of the tow truck when a man got in on the passenger’s side. The offender said he had a weapon and demanded the victim release the vehicle from the truck’s flatbed, which he then drove away in northbound on Harlem Avenue.
- Four 24-inch statues were damaged after a person entered an Oak Park church in the 900 block of Lake Street through an unlocked door between Oct. 2 and Oct. 5.
- During the overnight hours of Oct. 4-5, unknown offenders used a crowbar to break into a business in the 6300 block of Roosevelt Road. Offenders stole an ATM machine. The total estimated loss is $7,200.
- A home in the 600 block of North Kenilworth Avenue was broken into between 8:30 and 11:30 a.m. Oct. 9. An Oculus virtual reality headset, iPad and MacBook were stolen. The total loss is $2,100.
- Someone broke into a home in the 1400 block of North Austin Boulevard sometime on Oct. 9. The person entered through an unlocked pantry window and stole a gold bracelet, a Tiffany & Co. charm bracelet, iPad, LG tablet, and costume jewelry. A total loss of $1,700.
Another home in that same block of Austin Boulevard was broken into Oct. 9. The person possibly entered also through a pantry window. A PlayStation 4 gaming system and two PlayStation controllers, along with two bags of change were taken.
Attempted auto theft
Someone tried to steal a Maywood resident’s car parked in a garage the 500 block of South Maple Avenue by taking the ignition cylinder out around 11 p.m. Oct. 11. The ignition cylinder was found inside the car.
Between 6:10 and 7:45 a.m. on Oct. 7, a silver stainless-steel fire pit with shield and stand was stolen from a front yard in the 500 block of North Elmwood Avenue. Estimated loss is $709.
- Around 12:30 a.m. Oct. 7, man, approximately 6 feet tall, wearing a red hooded sweatshirt hit a victim with an unknown object in the 700 block of Berkshire Street before fleeing in an unknown direction.
- In a parking garage in the first block of Erie Court, an offender approached a woman victim from behind, hit her on the left side of her head and then ran eastbound toward Austin Boulevard at 7 a.m. on Oct. 9.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports Oct. 6-11 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.