Q: How can I kick off the holiday season with lots of fun while remembering the spirit of the holidays and benefitting children in need?
A: Call your friends, buy some tickets and visit the 20th Annual Holiday Housewalk & Market, taking place November 29 through December 1.
Q: Where can I get inspired by holiday decorating schemes and also get a sneak peek into some unbelievable local homes?
A: The Holiday Housewalk opens up four architecturally-significant private homes, each decorated with a holiday theme sure to get your own creative juices flowing. This year, for the first time, the Oak Park River Forest History Museum will be a stop on the walk and includes an exhibit devoted to vintage holiday décor and lighting.
Q: What are some interesting ways to socialize with my friends this holiday season?
A: The IWS Housewalk & Market is offering three special events – one each day of the weekend- to help you have a good time. From Thursday’s Wine & Spirit Tasting, to Not-So-Trivial Pursuit Night on Friday, to the Sip & Shop Champagne Brunch on Saturday, there are plenty of opportunities to gather with friends to support a local charity.
The Holiday Housewalk & Market is sure to be a great time, and if any of the following describe you and your friends, you will find plenty of opportunities for festivities throughout the weekend.
- Love architecture and home design? The 4 houses on this year’s walk each offer a glimpse into a magnificent architectural history. From a Renaissance Tudor-style stunner to a Victorian Eclectic beauty, these houses are decked out in their holiday best.
- Been meaning to get to the Oak Park River Forest Museum’s new Cicero Firehouse headquarters? Now’s your chance to visit the restored firehouse on Lake Street while taking in a world-renowned holiday decoration collection on exhibit in the Museum.
- Need to tackle that holiday shopping list? The exciting Artisan Holiday Market at the Nineteenth Century Club will offer unique gift options for everyone on your list. With one-of-a-kind clothing, jewelry, food items and gifts, there is something for all ages.
- Want to celebrate the holidays in the spirit of the season? Know that all proceeds of the Holiday Housewalk & Market benefit the IWS Children’s Clinic, which offers pediatric, dental and behavioral health services to children in need.
- Want to purchase tickets or pencil in details for the weekend? Visit www.oprfiws.org for everything you need to start your holidays off on a festive note.