A 2017 white Mercedes containing expensive tools was taken on Halloween.
According to Oak Park police, the car was parked on the 6600 block of West North Avenue at about 2 p.m. when someone reached into the vehicle, took the keys, and drove away. The car carried a Milwaukee brand Pro Press, drill/hammer and impact drill. The Mercedes was entered into a stolen-cars database. The loss is estimated to be $30,880.
An Oak Park woman was carjacked Oct. 29 just before 9 p.m. on the 100 block of South Ridgeland. According to police, she was sitting in her Dodge Durango when a man walked up to her, knocked on the window, and pointed a gun at her. She exited and he fled the scene in her Durango. It was later found by the Chicago Police Department on the 1700 block of North Lotus.
- On Oct. 26, a catalytic converter was cut from a Ford F-150 on the 900 block North Taylor at about noon. The estimated loss is $1,500.
- A catalytic converter was stolen Oct. 29 or 30 from a maroon 2013 Toyota Highlander while it was parked on the 100 block of Harrison Street. The loss is estimated at $2,000.
- On Oct. 29 or 30, the catalytic converter was stolen from a silver 2008 Toyota Highlander on the 800 block of Washington. The value is unknown.
- A catalytic converter was stolen last week from a red Ford Edge on the 400 block of South Kenilworth. The estimated loss is $800.
- Another catalytic converter was stolen from a 2012 Volkswagen Passat just before 6 a.m. Nov.2 on the 900 block of South Oak Park Avenue. The estimated loss is $1,500.
Other thefts and charges
- Someone removed a utility locator from a village-owned 2019 Ford Transit Connect on the 800 block of South Maple some time between Oct. 23 and Oct. 26. The loss is estimated at $8,000.
- A green women’s Schwinn Beach Cruiser bike was stolen from a garage on the 900 block of Hayes on Nov. 1 or 2. The estimated loss is $449.
- A Plainfield man was arrested Nov. 2 on the 1000 block of Lake Street. He was held on charges of assault and criminal trespass. A court date is pending.
- A man and another accomplice took about $300 from an Oak Park resident on the 1000 block of Lake Nov. 3. He gestured that he had a gun in his pocket. The pair fled the scene on foot heading east.
- Two men were caught on video Nov. 4 breaking into a 2019 Chevrolet Express van on the 800 block of South Euclid by breaking the lock on the front passenger door. They took about $9,200 worth of Pro Press machine, extension jaws for that machine and a mini-blower.
These items were obtained from Oak Park Police Department reports dated Oct. 26 to Nov. 4 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Complied by Wednesday Journal staff.