A Chicago resident got a terrible wakeup call at 7:40 a.m., Dec. 21, when a man pulled up near Jackson Boulevard and Clinton Avenue and pointed a gun.
The offender was last seen traveling westbound on Jackson Boulevard in a brown Buick Regal with front-end damage and tinted windows.
Aggravated discharge of a firearm
An Oak Park resident told police she found her rear screen door and rear door had been struck by bullets around 9:30 p.m., Dec. 20, in the 800 block of South Austin Boulevard. Shell casings were found at the scene.
Someone removed a red Milwaukee hammer drill, a red Milwaukee Hole Hawg drill and a Milwaukee saw kit from a white 2020 Ford Transit 2500 with an unlocked door between 12:30 and 1 p.m., Dec. 19, in the 7100 block of Roosevelt Road.
Motor vehicle theft
- A 1996 Chevrolet GMT 400 dump truck was removed around 9 a.m., Dec. 23 near the intersection of Garfield Street and Wesley Avenue. Two Toro snow blowers and deicing salt were inside the truck. The estimated loss is $5,750.
- An unlocked and running 2015 Toyota Camry, parked in the 100 block of Forest Avenue, was taken between 6 and 6:35 p.m., Dec. 24. The estimated loss is $20,000.
Attempted motor vehicle theft
Someone broke the rear passenger side window of a blue 2015 Hyundai Elantra, then damaged the vehicle’s steering column between 2 p.m., Dec. 18, and 11:35 a.m., Dec. 19, in the first block of Iowa Street.
- Two Amazon packages were removed from a front porch in the 1000 block of South Wenonah Avenue at 4:42 p.m., Dec. 15. The packages contained oatmeal, a girl’s black jacket, a dinosaur-printed coffee mug and a men’s T-shirt featuring a street fighter. The estimated loss is $85.
- Someone removed a Walmart package, containing a 40-pack of toilet paper rolls, from a front porch in the 1100 block of North Marion Street between 7:21 and 7:25 p.m., Dec. 19.
- An Amazon package was taken from outside a front door in the 200 block of Chicago Avenue between 4 and 4:45 p.m., Dec. 18. The package contained a baby drum set, a musical baby mat and a wig.
- A FedEx package, containing a Samsung Galaxy S21 mobile phone, was taken from the front of an apartment building in the first block of Harvard Street between 10:30 and 10:45 a.m., Dec. 10.
Criminal property damage
- The front driver side window of a 2017 Ford Cargo was shattered between 12:45 and 1:38 p.m., Dec. 26, in the 1000 block of Woodbine Avenue.
- The rear passenger side window of a 2022 Kia Sportage was broken between 6 p.m., Dec. 23, and midnight, Dec. 24., in the 700 block of South Highland Avenue.
- Someone cut a Comcast internet line in the 100 block of North Austin Boulevard between 11:55 p.m., Dec. 15, and 8 a.m., Dec. 16.
These items were obtained from Oak Park Police Department reports, Dec. 20-26, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan