Oak Park police arrested Kadrion Gipson, 21, of the 1600 block of South Harlem, Berwyn, at 9:34 p.m. on March 10 in 5900 block of West Walton Street, Chicago, and charged him with committing an armed robbery that took place about half an hour earlier in the 500 block of North Harvey in Oak Park.
Police gave no detail about the armed robbery in its summary report.
- An Oak Park resident was the victim of theft in the 200 block of Lake Street, sometime between 4 and 4:36 p.m. on March 9. The offender pressed up against the victim’s right side and removed their small red and black wallet that contained miscellaneous IDs and credit and debit cards and $70. The estimated loss is $575.
- A black 2008 Audi A4 was stolen from the rear of a residence in the 200 block of South Elmwood, sometime between 5:17 a.m. on Feb. 18 and 11 p.m. on March 8. The estimated loss is unknown, according to a police summary report.
- An iPhone that was left unattended was stolen in the 1000 block of Lake Street, sometime between 9 and 10:16 p.m. on March 10. The estimated loss is $1,000.
- Someone stole an Oak Park resident’s red Beats headphones, which were left unattended in the 300 block of South Kenilworth, sometime between 11:12 and 11:50 a.m. on March 7. The estimated loss is $300.
- A White 2019 Jeep Cherokee that was stolen out of Oak Park on Feb. 27, 2019, was recovered by the Countryside Police Department. The vehicle was stolen from the 600 block of Madison Street. No apprehensions were made.
- Two men entered a retail business in the 1100 block of Lake Street at about 4:20 p.m. on March 6 and stole about $159.99 worth of products, including a bottle of testosterone booster.
- Someone burglarized a car in the 300 block of North Grove Avenue, sometime between 7:30 p.m. on March 9 and 8:58 a.m. on March 10. The offender burglarized an Oak Park resident’s 2008 gray Nissan Rogue, which was parked in the victim’s driveway, where they found the overhead garage door remote and the key fob to the victim’s black 2016 Lexus 350 RX. They then used the remote to enter the garage and the key fob to steal the Lexus. The estimated loss is $36,000.
- A residence was burglarized in the 200 block of South East Avenue, sometime between 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. on March 6. The offender entered through an unlocked rear door, ransacked the resident’s purse and stole a red wallet with miscellaneous credit cards and cash. The estimated loss is $50. The victim’s credit cards were later used numerous times in Berwyn and Cicero.
An Oak Park resident’s black 2011 Hyundai Elantra was damaged in the 300 block of South Maple, sometime between 10 p.m. on March 9 and 2 p.m. on March 10. Someone used a pry tool to damage all four door handles to the vehicle. The estimated damage is $400.
Delivery man gets ripped off
Someone ordered $42.91 worth of delivery food in the 400 block of South Maple at 1:30 p.m. but did not pay upon receiving it.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, March 4-11, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger