Authentic. Independent. Local.
We’ve got you covered. Let’s keep it that way.
- $10,000 match. June 30 deadline.Folks – We’re coming round to the final week of our fiscal year. Trying to close this year out strong so we can launch the new year with a head of steam. But we still have a ways to go and I’m asking you directly to join us right now as a donor to Growing […]
- Celebrate your neighborhood with local news!Dear Readers, Local news at its best captures the heart and soul of the communities it covers. Wednesday Journal reporting consistently tells local stories that do just that. Stories that you can’t read anywhere else: about a beloved retiring mail carrier or neighborhood school turtle; about front porch concert series, local artists or fresh food […]
- Care about effective government? Support local news.Dear Readers, Last week Steve Edwards of Koya Partners and, formerly, WBEZ, and Sheila Solomon of City Bureau, Journalism Funding Partners and our own GCM Board of Directors, led a conversation with some of our local community supporters on the topic of Nonprofit Local News: The Way of the Future. Our supporters were interested in […]
- Local democracy depends on local news–Give today!Dear Readers, In November 1863 Abraham Lincoln, dedicating what would become the Gettysburg National Cemetery, reminded those assembled that it is the responsibility of the living to take up the unfinished work of those we honored this past Memorial Day, those who have given “the last full measure of devotion” in the service of the […]
- Local News staying power depends on youDear Readers, This week in our Spring Fundraising Campaign to raise $50,000 to support GCM’s local community journalism we celebrate our long relationships with the communities we serve. Which is to say, we’ve been around the block a few times and we’re proud of it. The professional reporting and coverage that you rely on week […]
- Support Local News: We’ve got YOU covered.Dear Readers, This week we kick off our Spring Fundraising Campaign to raise $50,000 to support GCM’s local community journalism. The professional reporting and coverage that you rely on week in and week out from Wednesday Journal. You rely on us because we’ve got YOU covered—in ways that no other news source does. Wednesday Journal […]