The Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation is encouraging locals to give, and use social media to inspire others to give, on Dec. 2.
What is #GivingTuesday?
Giving Tuesday is a global day dedicated to giving back. It is a way to encourage fundraising during the holiday season following Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
How can I help?
- Consider making a donation
- Help us spread the word to your friends and family who may consider making a donation (new & old supporters alike):
- Talk to people
- Call people
- Send personal emails
How can I use social media to tell people about #GivingTuesday?
- By changing your profile picture and/or cover photo to the #GivingTuesday logo
- By participating in the #warriorUNselfie challenge. [See photo gallery for #warriorUNselfie photos.]
What is the Matching Gift Challenge?
- A Foundation that wishes to remain anonymous has offered to match all donations up to $25,000.
- The Coleman Foundation has offered to match all new donations received online on the 2nd up to $15,000!.
- MSK Realty LLC has offered to match all donations on their behalf up to $1,000.
More #GivingTuesday news:
- West Cook Y aims to raise $6,500 on #GivingTuesday
- Thrive asks for locals to give on #GivingTuesday
- Oak Park Housing Center sets #GivingTuesday goal of $2,500
- Wonder Works calls for #GivingTuesday support
- Symphony of Oak Park and River Forest invites locals to donate on #GivingTuesday
- Celebrate #GivingTuesday with L'Arche at the OPRF Community Foundation
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|