An Oak Park man was robbed in the 200 block of South Humphrey at 10:10 p.m. on Sept. 14. The man was approached by three men, all about 20 years old, who requested to use his cellphone. One of the offenders placed an unknown object against the victim and demanded his property. The victim handed over his cellphone and keys, and the offenders stole his white 2008 Ford Escape. They were last seen headed northbound from the scene. The estimated loss is $4,000. The men were described as 5-8 to 5-10 with slim builds, one of whom wore a white hooded sweatshirt.
- A garage was burglarized in the 1200 block of Belleforte Avenue at 9:34 a.m. on Sept. 14. The offender forced open the side service door and removed a lawnmower and a battery charger. The offender fled on a bicycle with an attached trailer. The estimated loss is $429.
- Zeferino G. Lara, 23, of the 1800 block of South Ridgeland, Berwyn, was arrested at 5:52 a.m. on Sept. 15 in the 900 block of South Cuyler for two Cook County warrants for burglary.
- A residence was burglarized in the 1500 block of North Austin Boulevard, sometime between 12:30 and 3 p.m. on Sept. 16. The offender gained entry to the victim's room by use of a pry tool to defeat the door's locking mechanism. The offender then stole a money order, a disposable lighter and miscellaneous papers. The estimated loss is $250.
- A residence was burglarized in the 1000 block of Lyman, sometime between 8 a.m. and 4:43 p.m. on Sept. 16. The offender gained entry through unknown means and stole various items of jewelry, including an Omega watch; a pearl Pandora necklace; two silver and gold Pandora bracelets; a black Nikon light; a black Nikon D300 camera; 8-10 sets of pearl and diamond earrings; a gold and diamond engagement ring; an HP laptop; an iPad; a silver men's Rolex; and various rounds of ammunition. The estimated loss is $92,000.
- A vehicle was burglarized in the 200 block of Madison Street sometime between 12:15 and 2 p.m. on Sept. 13. The burglar gained entry through an unlocked door and stole a backpack containing a black iPhone 6 and keys. The estimated loss is $340.
- A residence was burglarized in the 100 block of South Maple, sometime between 2 p.m. on Sept. 10 and 1 a.m. on Sept. 11. The offender entered through an unlocked rear door and stole a red drill, a silver mini-toolkit, a cellphone charger docking station, eight packages of L&M menthol cigarettes, Red Skull Candy headphones and a white cellphone. The estimated loss is $230.
- A residence was burglarized in the 800 block of South Cuyler Avenue, sometime between 5 p.m. on Sept. 8 and 8 a.m. on Sept. 11. The offender entered through an unlocked back door and then stole a gray Macbook, a black Dell laptop, a black iPhone, and a Dewalt power drill. The estimated loss is $3,000.
- An Elmwood Park woman was robbed in the 400 block of North Harlem at 8:12 p.m. on Sept. 11. A man about 5-8 to 6-feet tall with a thin build, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, removed the victim's silver iPhone 10 from her hand as she was using it while standing at the bus stop. He was last seen running southbound on Harlem and then eastbound on North Boulevard, where he got into an older dark vehicle, which headed eastbound from the scene. The estimated loss is $800.
- A black 2013 Buick Regal was stolen from the 600 block of North Lombard, sometime between 9:30 p.m. on Sept. 14 and 7:32 a.m. on Sept. 15. The offender gained entry by means of an unlocked door and then used a key fob to steal the vehicle. The estimated loss is $18,000.
- A 2005 gold Honda CRV stolen out of Oak Park on Sept. 12, was recovered in the 100 block of North Kenilworth at 12:09 a.m. on Sept. 17.
- An 18-foot section of copper downspout was stolen from the northwest corner of a residence in the 400 block of North Oak Park Avenue, sometime between noon on Sept. 3 and 6 p.m. on Sept. 10. The estimated loss is $250.
- A black 2014 Chrysler 300S was stolen from a parking lot in the 400 block of North Harlem, sometime between 8:30 and 9:47 p.m. on Sept. 13. The vehicle was stolen by unknown means. The estimated loss was not given.
- A gold 2005 Honda CRV was stolen from the 200 block of North Grove Avenue, sometime between 10 a.m. and 4:02 p.m. on Sept. 12. The estimated loss is $2,500.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, Sept. 10-16, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|