- A red trailer was stolen from the 1000 block of South Elmwood sometime around 6:15 a.m. on Sept. 7. The trailer was stolen by a white man wearing camouflage pants and driving a white dump truck with a picture of bricks on the passenger door.
The trailer contained tools and ladders and was later recovered on the shoulder of eastbound I-290, with an unknown amount of tools and ladders missing. The estimated loss is unknown.
- A catalytic converter was stolen from a vehicle in the 300 block of Harrison Street sometime during the overnight hours of Sept. 7-8. The estimated loss is $1,800.
- Someone sold a Rockford resident fake event tickets in the 700 block of Lake Street at 7:20 p.m. on Sept. 6. Police did not specify what the tickets were for. The offender was described as a white male between the ages of 22 and 25, 5-foot-6, 150 pounds and wearing light-colored jeans, a gray sweatshirt and a White Sox baseball hat. The estimated loss is $320.
- Someone was a victim of theft in the 700 block of South Lyman, sometime between 8 p.m. on Aug. 30 and 10 p.m. on Sept. 3. No details were given about the nature of the theft. Items stolen includes a men's Rolex watch, a gold bracelet, a silver necklace, a silver bracelet, various fine silverware and a stethoscope. The estimated loss is $5,900.
- A vehicle owned by a Hoffman Estates resident was burglarized in the 100 block of Le Moyne Parkway at about 1:28 p.m. on Sept. 7. The offender stole a nail gun, Bosch electric hammer and a red Milwaukee saw. The estimated loss is $800.
- A residence was burglarized in the 900 block of South Kenilworth Avenue at about 11:10 p.m. on Sept. 8. The offender entered through an open side window and stole a PlayStation 4 Slim and a Kindle Fire tablet. The estimated loss is $350.
- A residence was burglarized in the 700 block of North Elmwood Avenue sometime between 10:30 p.m. on Sept. 5 and 7:30 a.m. on Sept. 6. The offender entered through an unlocked kitchen door within the rear porch and took a black leather Boktier purse containing two turquoise wallets with miscellaneous ID, cash, a multi-beaded coin purse, keys and a green book bag with a MacBook Pro, headphones and charging cables. The estimated loss is $2,750.
- A residence was burglarized in the 100 block of South Maple Avenue sometime between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Sept. 5. The offender used a pry tool to force open the front door to the victim's apartment and stole a Michael Kors gold wristwatch, miscellaneous change and a 32-inch Insignia plasma television. The estimated loss is $475.
- An apartment was burglarized in the 100 block of North Lombard Avenue between 1:30 and 8:30 p.m. on Sept. 3. The offender entered the apartment through brute force to the front door and stole $10. The estimated loss due to damage is $160.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, Aug. 30- Sept. 8, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|