An Oak Park residence was burglarized in the 300 block of Clinton, sometime between 12:30 and 4:18 a.m. on June 30. The offender stole electronics, a car and other items valued at approximately $39,830. The intruder gained entry to the vehicle through an unlocked rear door and then stole a black Timbuk2 bag containing a Macbook Pro, various computer accessories, an iPhone 6 and Apple Air Pods. The offender also accessed keys to the victim's garage and vehicle and used them to steal the victim's blue 2017 Honda Pilot. They also ransacked a second vehicle in the garage, stealing a wallet, debit cards, gift cards and cash. The perpetrator was described as a man wearing a white baseball hat, a white bandana covering his face and a white jersey with the number 3 and the name Garcia on the back.
- A grey 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe, reported stolen on June 18, was recovered by the Chicago Police Department in the 10400 block of South Stony Island, Chicago, at 5:18 a.m. on June 26. No arrests were made.
- A black 2019 Ford F-150, reported stolen on June 24, was recovered by the Elmhurst Police Department in the 500 block of Route 83, Elmhurst, at 9:28 a.m. on June 26. No arrests were made.
- Someone stole the tip jar from a business in the 100 block of North Oak Park Avenue at 6:55 p.m. on June 24. The estimated loss is $30.
- A black 2019 Mazda CX5, reported stolen from Forest Park on June 6, was returned to the business from which it was stolen by an unknown female who gave an employee the keys and walked away, according to police. The incident took place in the first block of Chicago Avenue at 5:05 p.m. on June 25.
- A blue Kia Forte, left running and unattended, was stolen from the 7100 block of Roosevelt Road, sometime between 10:40 and 10:50 p.m. on June 30.
Ricky Hamilton, 21, of the 3000 block of Jackson, Chicago, was arrested for an aggravated robbery that took place on June 4, in the 600 block of Randolph. The arrest took place in the 2600 block of South California, Chicago, at 9:30 a.m. on June 26.
- An apartment was burglarized in the 200 block of South Kenilworth, sometime between 12:50 and 3:55 p.m. on June 26. The offender gained entry through an unlocked window and took a Playstation, Xbox, iPad, Kindle tablet, HP laptop computer, Bose wireless speaker, Wonderboom wireless speaker, miscellaneous perfume, and miscellaneous jewelry and watches. The estimated loss is $20,000.
- An apartment was burglarized in the 100 block of North Humphrey, sometime between 8 a.m. on June 22 and 9:39 p.m. on June 25. The intruder entered by means of a closed but unlocked rear window and then stole a Roland Electron keyboard and an iPad with a blue case. The estimated loss is $3,000.
- A 2001 Oldsmobile Alero was burglarized in the 6900 block of North Avenue, sometime between 7 and 10:45 a.m. on June 27. The offender gained entry through an unlocked door and then stole three Pandora bracelets and a bottle of perfume. The estimated loss is $1,000.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, June 25-July 1, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger
Answer Book 2019
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2019 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|