7-Eleven, 240 Chicago Ave., was the subject of an armed robbery June 22. A man entered the store at 8:15 p.m. asked for cigarettes, then showed a bottle containing an unknown liquid and a rag and demanded cash.
The man took cigarettes and $70 from the register. He was last seen traveling eastbound on Chicago Avenue. The estimated loss is $100.
A man approached the victim and ripped the victim's right pant pocket, taking cash, while another man stood look out on the CTA Green Line in the 300 block of South Boulevard at 1 p.m., June 22. The two men fled from the train as the doors opened and left the platform eastbound to street level. Estimated loss is $55.
- Someone broke the front passenger side window of a vehicle parked in the 500 block of South Maple Avenue and took a debit card and a small amount of cannabis from inside between 10 p.m., June 18 and 5:40 a.m., June 19.
- An Apple MacBook Pro, an Apple Series 3 watch, four textbooks and cash were taken from an unlocked 2012 gray Kia parked in the 300 block of North Austin Boulevard between 8:28 a.m. and 8:48 a.m., June 26. Estimated loss is $2,000.
Motor vehicle theft
- Someone took a 2015 black Volkswagen Passat using a key left inside the vehicle between 8:05 p.m. and 8:13 p.m., June 21 in the 1100 block of Erie Street. The estimated loss is $8,000.
- A man was observed taking a vehicle, using keys left inside, at 4:21 a.m., June 24 in the 800 block of Kenilworth Avenue. The vehicle was last seen traveling eastbound on I-290 from Austin. The estimated loss is $10,000.
- A man was observed taking an unlocked maroon 1998 Ford F-150, left with keys in the ignition, parked in the 600 block of North Oak Park Avenue at 9:05 a.m., June 26. The estimated loss is $10,000.
- Someone took a rainbow flag from a resident's front porch and damaged the flagpole between midnight and 6:30 a.m., June 23 in the 200 block of South Harvey Avenue. The flag was found near Harvey Avenue and Randolph Street. Estimated loss is $30.
- Someone took a rainbow flag from a resident's front porch and damaged the flagpole between 9 p.m., June 22 and 6:15 a.m., June 23 in the 200 block of South Harvey Avenue. Estimated loss is $50.
- A rainbow pride flag was taken from a front porch in the 200 block of South Harvey Avenue between 10 p.m., June 24 and 7:30 a.m., June 25. The estimated loss is $6.
- Someone took a FedEx package containing a MacBook Pro laptop, after signing for the package using the victim's name between 2 p.m., June 2 and 7 p.m., June 24 in the 100 block of South Harvey Avenue. Estimated loss is $1,500.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a vehicle parked in the first block of Flournoy Street between May 22 and June 25. Estimated loss is $1,500.
- Various sculptures and miscellaneous computer equipment were removed from a resident's back deck at 12:02 p.m., June 26 in the 800 block of Lake Street. Estimated loss is $2,000.
Criminal damage to property
- Someone tried to pry open the driver side window and damaged the window trim of a vehicle parked in the 100 block of North Humphrey Avenue between 5 p.m., June 24 and 5:45 a.m., June 25. Estimated damage is $100.
- Someone damaged an Oak Park resident's window by shooting at it at 9:17 a.m., June 26 in the 100 block of South Humphrey Avenue. Estimated damage is $200.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports June 22-29 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan
Answer Book 2019
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2019 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|