Someone stole packages from the from door of a residence in the 900 block of North Grove at 2:30 p.m. on April 24. The packages contained perennial plants and B vitamins.
The offender was seen fleeing the scene in a gray 4-door vehicle. The estimated loss is $70.
- A vehicle was burglarized in a parking lot in the 6400 block of North Avenue sometime between 2 and 10 p.m. on April 24. The offender gained entry to the vehicle and took a black leather women's purse with credit cards and identification. The estimated loss is $200.
- A vehicle was burglarized in the 1100 block of South Elmwood Avenue at 2 a.m. on April 23. The offender gained entry to the vehicle through possible means of an unlocked door. They then ransacked the vehicle and stole an Army backpack, two textbooks and an external hard drive. The estimated loss is $410.
- A vehicle was burglarized in the 100 block of Superior Street sometime between noon and 4 p.m. on April 23. The offender entered through an unlocked door, ransacked the vehicle and took a key fob from the center console. The estimated loss is $200.
- A vehicle, which was parked on the third floor of the parking garage at The Emerson in the 1100 block of Westgate, was burglarized sometime between 5 p.m. on April 12 and 5 p.m. on April 15. A second vehicle also was burglarized at the same address, but parked on the fourth floor, sometime between 9 a.m. on March 18 and 4 p.m. on April 18. The offender ransacked the interior and used a black permanent marker to damage the center console and passenger seat. The estimated loss is unknown.
- Someone burglarized an Oak Park resident's 2010 Jeep Patriot in the 100 block of South East Avenue sometime between 9 p.m. on April 25 and 5 a.m. on April 26. The offender ransacked the vehicle and removed cash and a gray Champion brand jacket. The estimated loss is $50.
- An Aurora resident's 2012 Hyundai was burglarized in the 300 block of Lake Street sometime between 6 and 6:34 p.m. on April 27. The offender gained entry to the vehicle by breaking the front passenger window with an unknown object. Once inside, the offender took a black leather purse that contained a Social Security card, an Illinois driver's license, credit cards, a checkbook and a small wallet with cash. The estimated loss is unknown.
- Two vehicles were burglarized in the 800 block of Columbian Avenue sometime between 12:30 and 8 a.m. on April 28. The offender gained entry to the Chevrolet Malibu and Toyota Sienna, which were parked in a private driveway. The offender stole a blank checkbook and a black wallet with identification and credit cards. The estimated loss is $300.
- Two vehicles were burglarized in the 900 block of Forest, sometime between 5 p.m. on April 27 and 1 p.m. on April 28. The offender entered by means of unlocked doors to the Mercedes-Benz Metris and Honda CRV, which were parked in a private driveway. The offender then took a Huskie workbag with tools. The estimated loss is $100.
A residential garage was burglarized in the 400 block of Washington Boulevard sometime between 2 p.m. on April 21 and 12:50 p.m. on April 27. The offender used a pry tool to pry open the lock. Once inside, they ransacked a storage bin and also used a pry tool to damage the basement door to the building. The estimated loss due to damage is $500.
- A Maywood resident's vehicle was damaged in the 700 block of North Boulevard sometime between 8:30 a.m. and 6:15 p.m. on April 24. The offender damaged the rear passenger door with an unknown tool, according to police. The estimated loss due to damage is $400.
- Someone used a piece of wood to shatter the front passenger window of an Oak Park resident's 2015 Kia Soul, which was parked in the 100 block of Pleasant. The incident took place sometime between 9 p.m. on April 25 and 8:54 a.m. on April 26. The estimated loss is $200.
An 18-year-old Chicago resident was arrested at the Cook County Criminal Courts Building in Chicago at 11:15 a.m. on April 23 and charged with criminal trespass to motor vehicle. No additional information was provided.
- A locked, black 2006 Chevrolet Impala, which was parked in an alley in the 900 block of South Elmwood Avenue, was stolen, sometime between 2 and 9 a.m. on April 22. The estimated loss is $10,000.
- Someone driving a red landscaping truck with the name "Rudy's" on the side, allegedly took a green garbage can from outside a garage in the 900 block of North Euclid Avenue at 9:51 a.m. on April 22. The estimated loss is $65.
- A Maywood resident reported being the victim of a theft in the 800 block of Lake Street sometime between 11 a.m. and 6 p.m. on April 22. The offender removed the victim's black duffel bag, which contained books and clothes. The estimated loss is unknown.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, April 22-29, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|