A residence was burglarized in the 1000 block of South Humphrey, sometime between 1:15 and 3:11 p.m. on April 19. The burglar gained entry to the residence through an unlocked window and stole Easter baskets with candy, an HP laptop, jewelry and a phone charger. The estimated loss is $2,000.
Rojine Warfield, 52, of the 5200 block of South Drexel, Chicago, was arrested on that block at 9:26 p.m. on April 17. Warfield was charged with the aggravated robbery that took place in the 400 block of North Harlem on March 12.
A 29-year-old Chicago resident was arrested in the 1100 block of South Kedzie, Chicago, at 12:41 p.m. and charged with aggravated arson for an incident that occurred on the Oak Park Avenue CTA Blue Line platform on March 6. The subject also was charged with an IDOC warrant for a parole violation.
Someone shattered the rear driver's side window of a Ford van parked in the first block of Erie, sometime between 10:50 p.m. on April 19 and 12:10 a.m. on April 20. The estimated damage is $150.
- A white 2000 Honda Odyssey was stolen from the first block of Chicago Avenue at 9:11 a.m. on April 20. The estimated loss is $5,000.
- A white 2019 Dodge Durango that was left running and unattended was stolen from the 100 block of Harrison Street at 7:20 p.m. on April 20.
- A gold French horn was stolen from the living room of a residence in the 400 block of South Oak Park Avenue, sometime between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on April 14. The estimated loss is $650.
- A Berwyn resident was the victim of theft in the 700 block of Washington Boulevard at 3:08 p.m. on April 16. The victim was walking a dog, when the offender reached into their pocket and removed a check for $75. The offender was described as black, young, skinny, approximately 5-foot-8 and wearing a black head covering, black vest, green jeans and white gym shoes.
- A residence was burglarized in the 400 block of North Austin Boulevard, sometime between 10:30 a.m. on April 18 and 7:06 p.m. on April 20. The burglar gained entry by shattering the window to the back door. No loss reported.
- A residence was burglarized in the 100 block of Washington Boulevard, sometime between 1 p.m. on April 20 and 5:30 p.m. on April 21. The offender gained entrance to the residence, possibly through an unlocked door, and took an Xbox gaming console valued estimated at $300.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, April 16-22, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger
Answer Book 2019
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2019 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|