Multiple instruments and paintings were taken during a residential burglary that occurred in the 100 block of North Euclid Avenue between midnight April 7 and midnight April 8. Police believe a key may have been used to enter the residence.
According to police, the unknown intruder took 10 paintings, 25 to 30 record albums, one box of watercolor paint tubes, a Lanikai tenor ukulele and a Taylor Mini GS acoustic guitar. The intruder also took a yellow rug, fur blanket, wallet, Apple AirPods, Bose earbuds and five houseplants. Police estimate a loss of $1,500.
Motor vehicle theft
A light blue 2004 Toyota Camry left unlocked and running was taken from the 900 block of South Grove Avenue at 12:54 p.m., April 8. The estimated loss is $4,000. The vehicle was recovered by Sauk Village police at 7:20 p.m., April 9 in the 2100 block of East 223 Place, Sauk Village. No apprehensions were made.
- A catalytic converter was removed from a parked 2007 Toyota Prius parked in the 300 block of South Maple Avenue between 10 a.m., March 22 and 7 p.m., April 1. Police estimate a loss of $500.
- Someone entered the foyer of an apartment complex, opened a delivered package and took out the floor cleaner in the 300 block of South Maple Avenue between 10:12 a.m. and 12:49 p.m., April 11.
- Someone entered an unlocked parked vehicle, ransacked its interior and took cash in the 800 block of South Euclid Avenue between 7 p.m., April 6 and 8:15 a.m., April 7. The estimated loss is $20.
- Someone entered an unlocked vehicle with a damaged door, then removed three credit cards and a black Nike sweatshirt in the 200 block of Home Avenue between 9 p.m., April 8 and 8:48 a.m., April 9. The estimated loss is $50.
- A man carrying a sledgehammer damaged the front door lock and the doorframe to break into a residence at 11:20 a.m., April 9 in the 1100 block of Clarence Avenue. A witness saw the man exiting the residence. No loss was reported.
- A black 26-inch M20 bicycle was taken out of residential garage with an open side service door in the 200 block of Home Avenue at 2:33 p.m., April 9.
- Someone entered an unlocked vehicle, ransacked the interior and took a black Nike wallet containing miscellaneous cards and identification between 10 a.m., April 6 and 1 p.m., April 7 in the 1100 block of North Austin Boulevard. The estimated loss is $15.
- A black wallet containing various cards and identification, a doTERRA essential oil set, organic vitamins, a MacBook Pro laptop, keys and cash were taken from a residence that had an unlocked front door in the 100 block of North Euclid Avenue between 4 a.m. and 10 a.m., April 12. Police estimate a loss of $695.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports April 6-13 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan
Answer Book 2019
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2019 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|