Two Hyundai Tucsons, both of which were left running and unlocked, were stolen in separate incidents a couple of days apart. An Oak Park resident's brown 2013 Tucson was stolen from the 3100 block of West Flournoy Street at 9:22 a.m. on Feb. 14. The estimated loss is $15,000.
Another Tucson, this one black and a 2016 model, was stolen from the 600 block of Madison Street at 4:39 p.m. on Feb. 12. The owner is a Bridgeview resident and the loss is an estimated $25,000.
Porch pirate stuck with socks
A porch package thief made off with $34.78 worth of socks, according to police. The offender took the package from a residence in the 700 block of South Ridgeland Avenue at 12:30 p.m. on Feb. 11.
- A black LG K20V cellphone was stolen from the cup holder of a closed but unlocked Mitsubishi Outlander in the 200 block of Lake Street between 4 and 6:15 p.m. on Feb. 13. The estimated loss is $100.
- A package was stolen from the common area of a building in the 900 block of North Austin Boulevard at 8 p.m. on Feb. 2. The package contained a GoPro Hero 7 camera and battery charger. The estimated loss is $394.78.
- Two women stole an unknown amount of alcohol from Walgreens drug store, 811 Madison St., about 11:18 a.m. on Feb. 12. The two women entered and then left the store through an emergency exit on the east side of the building. They entered a silver or tan van parked in the 500 block of South Oak Park Avenue. They then headed southbound on Oak Park Avenue. The estimated loss is unknown.
- Two Apple TVs were stolen from a business in the 800 block of Lake Street about 12:44 p.m. on Feb. 6. Two men, estimated to be in their mid-20s, entered the business and concealed the Apple TVs inside the front waistband of their pants and left. The estimated loss is $378.
- A man and a woman stole an estimated $317.76 worth of products from Target department store, 1129 Lake St., about 7:30 a.m. on Feb. 11. The man took a laundry hamper and filled it with various Dove body wash and beauty products. The woman put several food items in a tote bag. The two then left the store without paying and entered a gray or silver vehicle with no license plate.
Criminal damage to property
Two panes of glass at a building in the 600 block of South Austin Boulevard were damaged by a projectile, sometime between 11:30 p.m. on Feb. 9 and 9:30 a.m. on Feb 10. The estimated loss due to damage is $200.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, Feb. 11-17, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|