An Oak Park man was robbed at gunpoint in an alley in the 6200 block of Roosevelt Road at about 6:45 a.m. on Nov. 25.
The victim was walking in the alley when he was approached by two Hispanic men between the ages of 20 and 25. One was described as 5-foot-10 with a thin build and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, dark jeans and gym shoes. The other was described as 180 pounds, thin with a beard and wearing dark clothing.
As the two offenders approached the victim, a black sedan, possibly a Chevrolet Malibu, drove up, and the driver displayed a black handgun. He was described as between the ages of 20 and 25 with a dark complexion, a mustache and wearing a dark skull cap.
The victim handed over his iPhone 10, $120 in cash and his keys. The two offenders on foot entered the vehicle and fled eastbound in the alley. The estimated loss is $1,450.
Aggravated vehicular hijacking
An Oak Park man was carjacked at gunpoint in the 500 block of South Humphrey Avenue at 7:55 a.m. on Nov. 22. The victim was sitting in his blue Nissan Altima when the offender approached the vehicle and implied he had a weapon.
The offender entered the passenger side of the vehicle, demanded money and pushed the victim out of the car. He took the man's wallet and the key fob to the vehicle. The offender then fled northbound.
Chicago police reported recovering the Nissan Altima in the 5000 block of West Madison Street at 4:15 p.m. on Nov. 23. No arrests were made.
- Daryl Russell Jr., 38, of the 9400 block of South Human Avenue, Evergreen Park, was arrested for aggravated robbery in the 700 block of South Austin Boulevard at 6:15 p.m. on Nov. 23. No additional information was provided.
- An Oak Park woman was robbed in the 200 block of North Taylor at 7:25 a.m. on Nov. 19. She was approached by a man on a bike who grabbed her purse, which contained a wallet and an iPhone 10.
The offender, who wore dark clothing and had a mask covering his face, fled eastbound on Ontario Street. The estimated loss is $1,105.
- A residential garage was burglarized in the 200 block of North Taylor Avenue in Oak Park between 9 a.m. on Nov. 23 and 8:15 p.m. on Nov. 24. The burglar gained entry through the garage side service door and removed a Dewalt chop saw, a Porter-Cable nail gun and a red air compressor. The estimated loss is $580.
- Anthony Williams, 52, of the 1800 block of North Lotus, Chicago, was arrested for burglary in the 300 block of North Taylor Avenue at 12:51 a.m. on Nov. 25.
- Toporis Nash, 43, of the 1700 block of North Moody, Chicago, was arrested for burglary in the 1200 block of Hayes Avenue at 12:03 p.m. on Nov. 21.
- A residence was burglarized in the 1100 block of South Lombard Avenue between 2:30 p.m. on Nov. 15 and 2:15 p.m. on Nov. 19. The offender forced open a locked key box and then took a Frigidaire washing machine and a GE dryer. The estimated loss is $1,200.
A man in a Buick displayed a small black handgun during a traffic dispute in the 700 block of Highland Avenue at 1:52 p.m. on Nov. 21.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, Nov. 19-26, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger
Answer Book 2019
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2019 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|