A man was observed by a witness breaking the glass window and door to the BP Amoco, 6119 North Ave., and then entering the convenience store at 5:10 a.m., Nov. 4. The witness saw the man leave the building carrying a box with unknown contents.
The loss was unknown at the time of reporting.
- Someone broke into a vehicle and took a Bed, Bath & Beyond bag containing several candles at 4:12 p.m., Nov. 2 in the 400 block of Washington Boulevard, Nov. 2. The estimated loss is $100.
- Someone entered an unlocked residential garage and removed a snowblower between 6 p.m., Nov. 2 and 7:45 a.m., Nov. 3 in the 1100 block of Woodbine Avenue. The estimated loss is $800. Someone took a wireless Bluetooth in-car FM transmitter from an unlocked vehicle in the 400 block of South Scoville Avenue between 5 p.m., Nov. 4 and 1 p.m., Nov. 5. The estimated loss is $18.
- Someone pried open the deadbolt lock to the rear door of a residence, went inside the home and then ransacked its interior but took nothing between 5:30 p.m., Nov. 5 and 8:45 a.m., Nov. 6 in the 400 block of South Taylor Avenue. Estimated damage to the door is $400.
- Someone entered a residence through a window and removed an iPod, Apple EarPods, a cell phone and keys to the victim's vehicle; the burglar then took the vehicle from its outside parking spot between 6:24 a.m., Nov. 6 and 6:15 a.m., Nov. 7 in the 600 block of Gunderson Avenue. Chicago police later recovered the vehicle. The estimated loss is $12,650.
- Someone took about $4.25 in cash from an unlocked vehicle parked in the 200 block of South Taylor Avenue between 1 p.m., Nov. 5 and 9:20 a.m., Nov. 7.
Recovered stolen auto
- The 2009 Toyota Highlander reported stolen Oct. 28 from the 200 block of North Cuyler Avenue was recovered by the Chicago Police Department in the 300 block of North Central Park in Chicago at 9:12 a.m., Nov. 2. No apprehensions.
- The 1999 Toyota 4Runner reported stolen May 31 from the 900 block of Garfield Street was recovered by Broadview police at 3:01 p.m., Nov. 4 in the 800 block of South 13th Avenue in Maywood without apprehensions.
Motor vehicle theft
Someone removed a beige 2016 Jeep Cherokee, left unlocked and running, from the 7100 block of Roosevelt Road at 6:35 p.m., Nov. 2. The estimated loss is $25,000.
A package was removed from an unsecured foyer of a building in the 1000 block of North Boulevard between 12:30 p.m., Nov. 7 and 10 a.m., Nov. 8. The estimated loss is $25.
Criminal damage to property
- A witness observed a woman yelling and breaking a screen and window, possibly with a shovel, to a residence in the 900 block of North Humphrey Avenue around noon, Nov. 3. The estimated damage is $100.
- The rear window was broken of a vehicle parked in the 700 block of South Harlem Avenue at 4:32 p.m., Nov. 5. The estimated damage is $100.
- Someone damaged the side mirror of a vehicle parked in the 800 block of Home Avenue at 3:35 p.m., Nov. 8. The damage is estimated at $150.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports Nov. 2–9 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public's help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan
Answer Book 2019
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2019 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|