Rifle and shotgun store is in the works for Oak Park

Berwyn resident has plans to set up shop on Roosevelt near Ridgeland

Updated:

By Marty Stempniak

A Berwyn resident hopes to open a gun shop in Oak Park, Wednesday Journal has learned, and it appears the village will soon give him the go-ahead.

Justin Delafuente, 27, applied for a license back in July for a business he plans to call Windy City Firearms, located at 6338 W. Roosevelt Road. In his original application, he was shooting for an Aug. 22 opening date but was still waiting for the village to issue a license as of last week.

The gun owner and lifelong National Rifle Association member said he doesn't believe the village is stonewalling his application.

"I think they're just trying to make sure it's done right," Delafuente said. "I don't think they're purposely dragging their feet. They just haven't dealt with this situation for a while."

Delafuente works for his stepfather's business, the 30-year-old Bull Sharpening, which is located next door to the proposed gun shop. The store would not have any inventory on site. Rather, customers would be able to purchase their firearms online, and then pick them up at the office on Roosevelt. Windy City Firearms would only deal in long guns, such as rifles and shotguns and not handguns or assault weapons (though Delafuente said he would be allowed to sell handguns to people working in law enforcement).

Larry D'Antonio, the Berwyn resident who owns both the building and Bull Sharpening, confirmed that he was talking to his stepson about leasing the 1,000-square-foot space. It was formerly used by a printer, and most recently as storage for his sharpening shop.

He believes there's a place in Oak Park for such a business, and isn't worried that it might arm crooks.

"Everybody always talks about, 'Oh, well the criminals are going to get guns,'" D'Antonio said. "Let's be honest here. Criminals do not walk into a gun store and buy guns. They go buy 'em in a back alley out of a trunk. At this point, all he's trying to do is help law-abiding citizens who want to go out and hunt and do whatever they want."

According to a letter that former Village Attorney Ray Heise wrote to Delafuente back in June, such an establishment is allowed within the village's borders.

"It is permissible to sell rifles and shotguns within the Village of Oak Park, but not handguns, assault weapons or assault ammunition feeding devices," he wrote.

Heise, who is now retired, could not be reached for comment at his Oak Park home on last week. Simone Boutet, the acting village attorney, said village staff discussed Delafuente's application about a month ago, and there seemed to be consensus to let it move forward. Boutet said there was previously a gun store on North Avenue in the village, but it closed in the 1990s.

That store, which also sold all manner of sporting goods, was Breit & Johnson and was located in the village for many years.

Reached Friday, Village Manager Tom Barwin said, pending a final inspection, Oak Park planned to issue the business license soon. In the past, he has advocated strongly to keep guns off Oak Park's streets, but he said Delafuente seems like a reputable businessman, and Barwin's personal feelings won't get in the way of the shop opening.

"The gentleman is following the laws, following the rules, and no matter what our personal feelings are, our responsibility is to apply the codes equally across the board," said Barwin, who is a former police officer. "As far as we can tell or see here, he's pursuing his legal options by the books."

Village President David Pope, like Barwin, has spoken out strongly in favor of gun control within the village, most recently with respect to Oak Park's longstanding handgun ban, which was overturned by the Supreme Court. But he agreed there's nothing for the village to do, since Delafuente is following the rules.

"At the end of the day, permissible uses that are not in violation of federal or state or local codes or regulations can't be prohibited," he said.

Delafuente said there would be a one-day waiting period for anyone to purchase a gun at Windy City, and he plans to do background checks and review each customer's Firearm Owner's Identification card before making a sale.

Note: This page requires you to login with Facebook to comment.

my2cents from Chicago

Posted: August 4th, 2012 8:59 AM

Every morning, on the way to work, I see the sign at the old main library, at Congress and 290. Over 500 deaths due to driving accidents...Get rid of cars!

lmao@idiots

Posted: January 5th, 2012 5:02 PM

I like how without exception the gun nuts posting in this forum continue to demonstrate that they lack the emotional maturity necessary to own a weapon. Keep posting, idiots.

Pleasant Language Please

Posted: January 5th, 2012 5:00 PM

Jim Don't shoot yourself while laughing too hard. And please use pleasant language in your gloating. No you an threaten me, with your gun of course...tough guy. wink wink hugs and kisses, stud.

Jim Coughlin

Posted: January 5th, 2012 4:56 PM

Express your opinion without being crude and rude.

Jim Pittacora

Posted: January 5th, 2012 4:49 PM

I love it !!! As a gun owner who fought that stupid Oak Park handgun ban since 1984 ,I am so excited to see these liberals get it stuck up their ass. They treated all of the law abiding handgun owners like criminals even though they knew we were protected under the Constitution.LMFAO !!!!

FillB from Oak Park

Posted: December 7th, 2011 11:16 AM

I don't know about the "order online and pick up here" business model - but as an OPer whose politics lean left, and a pro-2A gun owner, I'm willing to give him a chance. By the way, folks, there's a gun shop on Harlem and Grand too - sells handguns and everything. Doesn't seem to be a problem.

Earnan

Posted: November 3rd, 2011 12:15 AM

Can't wait 'til this shop opens. Cost will be well below what the "big box" outfits like Dick's charge for guns. Customers will be ordering a gun at the wholesaler's price, plus shipping and a small fee to the FFL dealer who is operating the store. A nearly unlimited selection---rather than whatever the big box dealer has on the rack---and none of the big box's mark-ups. What's the matter, whining liberals? I thought you were all for "local neighborhood stores" over big corporations?

Posted: October 27th, 2011 12:02 PM

You forgot #5 if we do nothing. More KILLINGS. Stay tuned.....

Goofy Dog from Chicago

Posted: October 27th, 2011 8:38 AM

The GUNZ KILL PLAN: 1.Get rid of guns. 2.Everyone is safe. 3.Now there will be cake! Problems with plan (as per logic, pesky logic!): 1.Law abiders will get rid of guns if the law demands it. (So far your plan works.) 2.Criminals (by definition) will NOT get rid of their guns regardless of law and, in fact, import guns as desired. (plan ... failing) 3.As 1&2 are fundamental truths, logic dictates that bans endanger law abiders, not criminals who will always be armed. 4.How does this make sense?

Bull Sharpening

Posted: October 25th, 2011 11:22 AM

Nick, I would like to know how this is bad for Bull Sharpening?

Posted: October 24th, 2011 5:57 PM

Anyone hear the national /local news this weekend. PEOPLE KILLED WITH GUNS.

Nick

Posted: October 24th, 2011 3:31 PM

This is really bad news for Bull Sharpening. I won't be going back there any time soon.

twinsonic

Posted: October 21st, 2011 11:34 PM

You're right, guns do kill - ask Attorney General Holder in Fast and Furious with Gunwalker, Gunrunner, and Gernadewalker - ask why about that and your reaction?

Posted: October 21st, 2011 2:17 PM

It is GUNS that are killing our people of this great land. Everyday, every hour and every week. Peace.

Nic_AZ,bornCHICAGObaby

Posted: October 21st, 2011 2:11 PM

It was guns,dedicated soldiers and training amongst other key components that for years and years worked for us to be able to shape this great country to be able to have this conversation.You don't win wars with sticks.I understand your point and its valued but going to the source, its not guns my friend.I say give Windy City Firearms a chance

Posted: October 21st, 2011 1:59 PM

Its against the law to KILL anybody. Guns make it to easy to do it. Guns must GO!

Nic_AZ,bornCHICAGObaby

Posted: October 21st, 2011 1:52 PM

http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_news/police-seek-road-rage-shooting-suspect (Tulsa OK) http://www.pnwlocalnews.com/south_king/aub/news/131636408.html (Auburn ALABAMA) http://www.seattlepi.com/local/sound/article/Charges-filed-in-Federal-Way-road-rage-shooting-2196135.php (Seattle Washington) Shall I go on???You will find insane people everywhere.Protect yourself, if you would rather use a LEGAL bat you would still get charged for using a weapon.That's your choice, mine would be a LEGAL gun.

Posted: October 21st, 2011 1:49 PM

The only thing this proves is that guns were there and people are dead. YES YOU ARE CORRECT. No guns and no one would have died.

Nic_AZ,bornCHICAGObaby

Posted: October 21st, 2011 1:44 PM

"An undercover police officer was near the scene and immediately took the shooter into custody. However, he was released after police determined that the shooting was in self-defense." WOW! How awful this could have been for the poor 23 year old if he wasn't armed when this crazy 56 year old came running up to his window.So.... the open carry law saved this gentlemen life and years off being wrongfully accused.You're proving my point.

Posted: October 21st, 2011 1:37 PM

Posted: October 21st, 2011 1:34 PM

Nic_AZ,bornCHICAGObaby

Posted: October 21st, 2011 1:14 PM

Not true.More deaths and I would call them murders of drinking and driving.Fight that fight.It does seem kinda of strange to see people walking into gas stations or financial institutions with a gun but also feels kind of safe knowing if someone hiding a gun and thinking about brandishing a firearm might reconsider.BTW very illegal to brandish a firearm in a vehicle and believe other drivers here will call the authorities if seen.Once again responsible for our actions to help prevent others

Posted: October 21st, 2011 12:38 PM

GUNZ KILL, they must help do something because our government uses a lot of them.

Posted: October 21st, 2011 11:28 AM

I heard AZ has so many crazy shootings from everyday road rage since people are able to carry guns. Guns never help anything. Never.

Nic_AZ,bornCHICAGObaby

Posted: October 21st, 2011 11:16 AM

I lived in Berwyn for 20years.If done with the magnitude of discretion and law obedience,I'm for it.I think the future owners are aware and respect the law enough to be successful.I would be more concerned about the parking.In Arizona we can carry no problem and to tell you the truth it makes you think twice about acting out not knowing who's "holding". Statistic say by interviewing home invaders the sound of a shot gun loading is best form of security.I say turn it into a ARMY Surplus store.

Posted: October 21st, 2011 9:19 AM

The misnomer that if you're ARMED you will be A -OK is false. In Chicago there was an off duty PO that was robbed of his wallet and police badge. http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2011/10/20/duo-nabbed-for-robbing-off-duty-cop-carjacking-second-victim/

Goofy Dog from Chicago

Posted: October 21st, 2011 8:54 AM

@Concerned OP Resident: I think in any neighborhood the sign you propose is just asking for trouble, if anything it may make you a more attractive target. I would be more inclined to go with ref's idea. @Silly: Have you ever seen estimates for police response times? Even if they do get there quickly (say, <2 minutes). It takes a burglar less than 1 second to pull a trigger if they want to. Oh, and when did you call the police with a burglar standing there with x weapon pointing at you?

Mom from Oak Park

Posted: October 19th, 2011 12:22 PM

I love hunting. Not against guns. But very against a gun shop a block from an elementary school and a montessori school/daycare facility. I also don't see how selling online but picking the guns up at this location is being pitched as a good thing...it means people from all over the place will drive here to pick up their guns. If the guns are meant for hunting then why in the world would someone go to Oak Park, where there is no hunting allowed? But my main issue is the proximity to schools.

jerry from Oak Park

Posted: October 19th, 2011 9:20 AM

I don't see what the big deal is there are gun stores in most Dick's Sporting Goods stores and you don't see anyone complaining in those affluent communities. This store is opening near my home and I welcome it.

lyna from oak park il

Posted: October 18th, 2011 9:56 PM

Whith gun shops, Oak Park will DIE !!

ref

Posted: October 18th, 2011 9:24 PM

Probably a better idea to stay gun-free but put a "NRA Member" sign in the window.

Concerned OP Resident from Oak Park

Posted: October 18th, 2011 8:09 PM

All us Oak Parkers opposed to guns should show our strength in numbers by putting large signs in our front yards that read "Gun Free Household"! Solidarity!

Posted: October 18th, 2011 4:37 PM

I suppose we shouldnt get rid of any of the nuclear bombs the world has since they dont kill?

Free Trade from Oak Park

Posted: October 18th, 2011 3:23 PM

The only way guns are going to go away in America is if they all get sent south of the border. Remember, guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people.

Posted: October 18th, 2011 3:12 PM

GUNZ KILL, realistically, do you think guns are going to go away in America?

Posted: October 18th, 2011 1:35 PM

More gun love. Another day....another innocent person(s) shot. Guns Kill and we cant afford to have them on our streets. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-2-arrested-after-2-shot-in-north-side-home-invasion-20111018,0,3943781.story

Posted: October 18th, 2011 11:44 AM

Brian Slowiak from Oak Park, I know you would really do the walk, unarmed, and probably get through the walk.

Posted: October 18th, 2011 11:39 AM

OP resident, the nuke free zone has been down for years and we have be unprotected from nuclear weapons. Your thoughts on, a "Guns Welcome" sign could be better if it said, "Criminals, Do You Really Want It That Bad"?

Sally

Posted: October 18th, 2011 11:32 AM

If I had a hammer. Ha Ha

Tom from Oak Park

Posted: October 18th, 2011 11:17 AM

Silly, When seconds count the police are minutes away, Im sorry but you cant speak for all the people in Oak Park I beet you would be surprised how many people in our city are armed. Relying on the police exclusively for your protection is foolish.

Silly

Posted: October 18th, 2011 10:59 AM

Guns NOT welcomed. Just dinners.

OP resident

Posted: October 18th, 2011 10:35 AM

Silly - I love it! The sign over the entrance could read "Nuke Free Zone - Guns Welcomed"

Silly

Posted: October 18th, 2011 10:01 AM

Hey OP resident, here's a happy middle. Open a restaurant and decorate it with guns all over the place. All guns all the time. Even make the menu items with clever gun names. Maybe even pancakes shaped like a gun. Maybe the waitresses could dress up with fake pretend guns. Brilliant- all these NRA out of towner's could come to OP and enjoy some 45 caliber soup!

Silly

Posted: October 18th, 2011 9:57 AM

Goofy, We simply pick up the phone and call the police. Who get to our homes very quickly. (and they have guns to use if necessary)

OP resident

Posted: October 18th, 2011 9:28 AM

Guns really scare me but I have to laugh. Weren't we just reading about how Village Hall wants "retail" - not things like manicure shops or (heaven forbid) dentists! So here's a guy who wants to open a retail store. Are the nail shops and dentists looking better yet?

Goofy Dog from Chicago

Posted: October 18th, 2011 9:11 AM

If I were a criminal I would love this website. Judging from the comments I would know at least in Oak Park I won't be in danger of getting shot during a break-in, and many of the homeowners will be complacent weaklings that will do as I say even if I only have an air rifle. You people are a bit odd, no?

SEOP Homeowner from Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 8:53 PM

Dear Q - clearly you have Oak Park IL confused with another Oak Park when you assume that SEOP residents have such a demand for home gun ownership that it warrants it's own store. You speak for the cause and not the reality of the particular situation. This, in majority, is a urban community that is anti gun.

Posted: October 17th, 2011 4:44 PM

SEOP Home Owner, it can be a win win for everyone who wants a home by a gun shop. Only problem with this gun shop they don't have any guns in it so it could be a lose lose for sales to gun owners in your area unless they know what they already want and willing to go in and order it.

SEOP Home Owner from Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 4:04 PM

As a SEOP (South East Oak Park)home owner and tax payer the last thing our community needs is a gun shop. Our home values have already taken a hit in this economny and what kind of new business wants to establish itself in a spot where their directions would include "Yep, we are located just down the road from the gun shop." This is a lose lose for everyone in SEOP except possibly the shop owner.

Julie from Oak Park, Illinois

Posted: October 17th, 2011 2:59 PM

The Second Amendment gives you the right to possess a firearm. Our forefathers wrote nothing about opening a gun shop in a residential area. This isn't a Second Amendment issue. I'm not saying you shouldn't have the right to buy a gun--I'm saying I don't want a gun shop in my neighborhood. It's my opinion, and I don't assume everyone shares it (obviously). And I only wish I had the luxury of being a limo liberal--then I wouldn't be so concerned about my property value going into the toilet.

Ed

Posted: October 17th, 2011 2:54 PM

Phil, so you're saying only the rich should be able to have guns then? That doesn't sound very progressive to me...

South Cuyler Resident from Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 2:48 PM

Just to clarify: Justin has a RIGHT to open a gun shop on Roosevelt Road. That's why my wife thinks I am a jerk. I also believe that the people have a RIGHT to peaceful and non-violent demonstrations when he opens his shop.

Phil of Ideas

Posted: October 17th, 2011 2:38 PM

Good to know gun proponents aren't name callers or sound like petulant children. Tax the heck out of the guns sold in the OP. Freedom isn't free, right?

Eye sore on 12th St

Posted: October 17th, 2011 2:26 PM

This building has been an eye sore for many yrs. Its been used as storage? Retail fronts are supposed to be just that. Now that Roosevelt has been upgraded, lets hope the landlords will follow and upgrade the storefronts to make it a more livable and walkable place. At least aesthetically pleasing to the eyes.

Manning Peterson

Posted: October 17th, 2011 2:25 PM

Before I bought my limousine (and yes, good call, Irving pickup is jammed with limos), I grew up eating deer meat my great Uncle Gust (who lived in the elite enclave of Berwyn) shot for us to eat. But Sportsman's is long shuttered, Wisconsin is overrun with deer, and no one is buying these guns for sport hunting. Do a search on "rifle" or "shotgun" on the Oak Park crime blotters, and you'll see what these weapons will be used for. Or ask your local beat officer.

South Cuyler Resident from Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 2:24 PM

2nd Amendment, you still haven't answered my question. Is it possible that one could have their legally purchased, unloaded rifle stolen from them as they walk from the front door to their car door? Or from their car door to their front door? Humor me and please respond to this direct question with a yes or no. By the way, I am a jerk, just ask my wife. Proud of it, too.

BOP from Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 2:19 PM

I have to say, if outlawing guns could happen throughout the entire country and they could truly be removed from all persons, I would support an all out gun ban. Reality says that will never happen (as the trillions spend on the "drug war" over the past 50 years has shown us). So I see no reason to restrict law abiding citizens from owning a weapon. I know these two things don't go together, but I'd legalize drugs too. Start letting responsible people make their own choices.

Second Amendment Dem from South Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 2:10 PM

@South Cuyler: No apology since I still think you are a jerk regardless of your opinion.

Ed

Posted: October 17th, 2011 2:02 PM

Great news, I've been wanting to buy a shotgun for home defense for quite some time, but have never make the trek out to Gun Works. I hope OP supports the 2nd Amendment and approves this shop.

South Cuyler Resident from Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 1:58 PM

Hey 2nd Amendment, you're a mind reader too? How do you know my position on this subject? All I was doing was posting a hypothetical and was awaiting a Yes or No response. For your information, I really don't care if there is a gun shop in the neighborhood. This guy wants to open a gun shop, it's OK by me. Let the market dictate if he fails or succeeds. Apology accepted in advance.

Second Amendment Dem from South Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 1:51 PM

@South Cuyler: Both! Plus I am really happy that you are not getting your way. Now stomp your feet really hard like the petulent first grader that you are and go cry to your mommy.

Silly

Posted: October 17th, 2011 1:47 PM

Cameras are coming to OP by the CTA stops. Maybe in front of the gun shop wouldnt be such a bad idea.http://triblocal.com/oak-park-river-forest/2011/10/17/cameras-will-monitor-streets-near-oak-park-cta-stations/

Berwyn

Posted: October 17th, 2011 1:38 PM

Couldnt this person do this from their home?

South Cuyler Resident from Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 1:32 PM

Hey 2nd Amendment, is that a long gun in your pants or are you just happy that there is a gun shop in town?

Second Amendment Dem from South Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 1:26 PM

Between Manning and Julie and the Limo Libs at Live Here Oak Park, who do I have to contact at VOP to support this project? I am sick of the elitist snobs around here acting like everyone shares their opinions.

Manning Peterson

Posted: October 17th, 2011 12:45 PM

Also, I am going to reiterate my longstanding criticism of the Wednesday Journal for allowing open comments. Reading the comments here is a painful reminder that this business is not serving our community by allowing trolls and paid NRA lobbyists to flood our vital local discussions with their nonsense. Please read this necessary article: http://dashes.com/anil/2011/07/if-your-websites-full-of-assholes-its-your-fault.html

South Cuyler Resident from Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 12:38 PM

OK. Someone orders a rifle. After background checks, etc., The individual picks up their rifle. They are parked, let's say 50 feet from the front door. As they are walking back to their car with an unloaded weapon, an individual comes up behind (someone parked 25 feet from the door), sticks a pistol in their ribs and steals the gun. Out of the question? Yes or No?

Manning Peterson from Oak Park

Posted: October 17th, 2011 12:30 PM

I agree with Julie and others that a gun dealer is not an appropriate business for our neighborhood. The proposed location is one block from a preschool and two blocks from our elementary school. Will they have advertising in the windows? What kind of clientele will this shop attract? As it is, we hear enough gunfire this close to Roosevelt. Can we please not endorse gun violence (oh I mean hunting, right) on our side of the street?

Julie from Oak Park, Illinois

Posted: October 17th, 2011 12:08 PM

I know, Q--my word count limit kept me from mentioning that. But that only makes me feel a tiny bit better. Even without weapons hanging in the window, a firearms shop is going to adversely affect property values for the many homeowners who live in close proximity. I sure as hell wouldn't buy a house around the corner from a firearms dealer, but now I'm going own one nonetheless.

Posted: October 17th, 2011 11:52 AM

Julie, it's not a gun shop where you can go and handle guns. It's a pick up point. You order what you want and you pick it up.

Julie from Oak Park, Illinois

Posted: October 17th, 2011 9:22 AM

My reasoning has nothing to do with the Second Amendment or conceal-and-carry laws. Law-abiding citizens have the right to own a gun, and I do not begrudge them that right. That's not what this is about though. This is about not wanting a gun shop in our neighborhood. I don't think that the shop will result in more violence in the area, but its presence *will* imply that there is a demand for weapons here. Would you buy a home with a gun shop down the street? I think most people would say no.

Andrew from Berwyn

Posted: October 17th, 2011 9:10 AM

Drugs are illegal but that doesn't stop criminals from getting there hands on them, making guns illegal would be know different if a criminal wants a gun he'll find some way to get one. Making guns illegal just gives criminals the advantage over law abiding people that choose to own a gun for protection.As far as I know we still live in America this kid has a right to open an law abiding business, Give him the license.

Posted: October 17th, 2011 7:57 AM

The key word to your post is injured. Not too many people get injured with guns. Guns tend to KILL or the victims DIE from them. Big difference. Clearly there is a breakdown somewhere becasue these criminals get guns into their possession.

Not A Victim from Chicago

Posted: October 17th, 2011 6:59 AM

More people are injured with knives and bats than guns. When someone gets drunk, it's a lot easier for them to grab a knife or a bat. But nobody wants to ban knives or bats. To legally purchase a firearm, you have to submit to a background check, can not be a convicted felon, AND you have to wait 24 to 72 hours. How easy is it to get a knife or a bat? Like a fire extinguisher...in the right hands, it saves lives...in the wrong hands it's a deadly weapon. Anyone want to ban fire extinguishers?

Silly

Posted: October 17th, 2011 12:06 AM

You were absent.

Bell

Posted: October 16th, 2011 11:53 PM

Still trying to push people out of the process and out of town. That's the best you got and it's all you've ever got. How fortunate that Oak Park residents chose to ignore fools,tools and bigots. The best times in Oak Park history are when residents stood and worked together for change.

Silly

Posted: October 16th, 2011 11:31 PM

Dont worry Bell. You'll never lead Oak Park and for that I'm grateful. Now leave is another story......

Bell

Posted: October 16th, 2011 11:26 PM

You're Silly. You're Grumpy. You're Sneezy. You're Dumpy. Who cares? It always the same mularkey whatever you call it. Just keep pushing the fairy tale about your perfect life in Oak Park. People who don't wear blinders or worship the power elite know there are things happening in this town that are unfair. To ask questions or challenge the status quo doesn't mean you are against Oak Park. It shows that someone cares and wants the best for all of us. Too bad if that doesn't fit your fantasy.

Silly OP

Posted: October 16th, 2011 3:37 PM

We're all a little bit silly. Viva OP

Silly

Posted: October 16th, 2011 1:51 PM

Note to all. I am just SILLY. All the other Silly Rez or Silly this or that are not I. Cheer-io.

Brian Slowiak from Oak Park

Posted: October 16th, 2011 11:17 AM

Response to Q. yes a possibly further east to Cicero.Joe, welcome aboard and I would like to meet at Austin and Madison after midnight.I will pick up a copy of the the crime pattern from the 15th District.

One test at a time from OP

Posted: October 16th, 2011 10:19 AM

Sorry, Murtagh, I'm still following Silly's instructions in another string to take my wife on a stroll on sweetest's day down Marion Street on the heated bluestone sidewalks to re-capture our love. I'll consider adding in the gun-toting neighbor to the equation sometime soon....unless the gun store could be on Marion Street. Now THAT'S a Test! Maybe next to the new vegan deli?

Berwyn

Posted: October 16th, 2011 1:34 AM

A few drinks and a gun. Perfect combination. Lets remind people that drinking affects ones mood, reactions and overall demeanor. Guns can kill people quite easily. Some people get belligerent after a couple cocktails. Lets hope there are no guns involved. It happens everyday where someone gets shot because the drugs or booze was talking or in this case shooting!! Pow

Jim Coughlin

Posted: October 15th, 2011 6:31 PM

Good question, John. I don't think I would feel safer if someone in the party was armed. This would be especially true when it is being carried by an individual who is not very familiar to me. The person might not be trained or prepared to effectively handle a weapon while experiencing stress. I'd like to hear how the former police officer who's been posting comments feels about your scenario and if he has any concerns regarding conceal and carry.

john murtagh from oak park

Posted: October 15th, 2011 5:04 PM

A TEST - You go with your wife to a movies at the Lake Theater. It's nice night so you decide to walk. After the movie you stop for a couple of drinks. A neighbors who lives on your street (Grove and Jackson), but do not know personally says hello and joins you for a drink. A while later the four of you decide to walk home together. The neighbor says "Don't worry about getting mugged, I have my gun with me." Do you feel safer or more vulnerable? Why?

Violet Aura

Posted: October 15th, 2011 2:43 PM

Schweet!Now all we need is a peep show and we're in business!

Posted: October 15th, 2011 2:02 PM

Is the invitation to walk the Austin area be between Washington to the I 290 with Central to the West and Laramie to the East?

Joe Bazooka from Oak Park

Posted: October 15th, 2011 1:57 PM

I was raised in house FULL of guns (Wisconsin hunting lineage) and am neutral on the issue. I've owned firearms, don't hate them, don't need them. In trained hands they can be useful. Sadly they are almost never in trained hands. Let's either ban them entirely or stop the middle of the road peck-away-at-the-rights-of-others bulls#$%. Just decide. Factually speaking guns do kill people but not as many people as morons do. Let's outlaw morons. That is a cause I can get behind! Ban dumb now!

Joe Bazooka from Oak Park

Posted: October 15th, 2011 1:52 PM

Brian Slowiak. I would walk this path with you out of general interest. It sounds both fascinating and educational. I won't bring a gun, but is a bat okay?

Tom Scharre

Posted: October 15th, 2011 1:18 PM

After T.G.I.F. comes the Saturday Night Special. After that, comes Sunday Worship. After that, comes "Monday, Monday, can't trust that day." After that, Tuesday's Child shoots him or herself. Full of grace. Deal with it.

Brian Slowiak from Oak Park

Posted: October 15th, 2011 1:13 PM

To Rez who posted on oct 13 @1124 pm. Brian D. can not carry a firearm legally, but I am retired law enforcement who can carry legally. I challenge you to walk with me after midnght in the Austin area on the midnight female victim robbery pattern. I will meet you after midnight w/o my handgun and we will walk for two hours. Bring your cell phone.

Berwyn

Posted: October 15th, 2011 11:22 AM

More legal guns? So how does one pro gun advocate suggest we stop the flow from legally bought to the hands of criminals? I think criminals are sophisticated enough to get them legally? Get rid of ALL of them.

Posted: October 15th, 2011 10:38 AM

Almost every State that has CCW has limitations on where in the State you can carry it. Since you can't carry it everywhere in CCW States, then people in Illinois can already have CCW. You can carry it anywhere inside your house.

Aaron from Jerusalem

Posted: October 15th, 2011 10:24 AM

Former resident of OP for 18 years. It appears that more legal guns actually decrease the number of violent crimes. Look at Israel for example. Also, i you didnt read the article, there was a gun store located in OP before. This is nothing new. Grant the permit, he has a right to conduct his legal business in Oak Park.

Berwyn

Posted: October 15th, 2011 8:57 AM

Tom, It doesnt really matter what side of the isle your on. If you are passionate about improving society for all, then you fight to promote those items. Less guns for everyone will be a good idea for all.

Tom from Dekalb

Posted: October 15th, 2011 7:09 AM

The liberal mind never ceases to amaze me, if a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't have one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, then no one should have one. Every State (other than backward IL) has some sort of concealed carry law, and FBI records proved Gun Crimes in all those states went DOWN!!! Don't believe it, check out the FBI statistics yourself!

glenn from glendale heights

Posted: October 15th, 2011 6:20 AM

PEOPLE KILL. OUTLAW CARS IT`S NOT THE DRUNK THAT KILLS

Berwyn

Posted: October 14th, 2011 8:26 PM

Bill it is funny that most NRA folks are the types that like rural living. Spread far apart. Whats to worry about. Us folk in Berwyn live on top of each other and we dont need guns. We like our neighbors. They dont scare us.

neighbor from Oak Park, Illinois

Posted: October 14th, 2011 8:17 PM

Does anyone know if there is a means for residents to have a say in which businesses are given permits in OP? Anyone to contact at Village Hall?

Living too close to Roosevelt from Oak Park, Illinois

Posted: October 14th, 2011 8:14 PM

I hope the Village does the right thing and denies this permit. Aside from my concerns about guns, is this really the type of business we want on the newly remodeled Roosevelt Rd? I thought the point was to bring in more pedestrian businesses--cafes, boutiques, etc. How does a gun shop fit in with this vision? It's only going to trash up the neighborhood. Deny the permit!

Bill from Granville

Posted: October 14th, 2011 8:09 PM

I used to live in OP, Now way out west. what's with people who live crammed together like sardines always afraid ? All your neighbors are going to go insane and start killing everyone because they exercise the 2nd Amend. or are able to defend themselves, hunt, skeet shoot etc. ?. Should we ban car dealerships and bars because of drunk driving ? The part I miss least is the paranoia and fear of each other. I hope he opens his shop, I will be his 1st customer. I have my eye on a $4000 shotgun.

Posted: October 14th, 2011 5:40 PM

Dont come around here no more.....Tom Petty

BrikemBurns from Westmont

Posted: October 14th, 2011 4:11 PM

I hope he gets his license and profits. It will be good for OakPark.

BrikemBurns from Westmont

Posted: October 14th, 2011 4:08 PM

The store owner is not really opening up a REAL store. He is becoming a middle man by acquiring a Federal Firearm Dealer License. To do that he will need a place to receive and issue the guns (that's the federal law). He will be profiting by charging the FFL fee. He should also sell handguns. The SCOTUS has already ruled we have a right to own handguns. As a consumer warning, it will be cheaper to buy your rifle or shotgun at Cabelas or at Dick's sporting Goods. There is no FFL fee there.

BrikemBurns from Westmont

Posted: October 14th, 2011 4:01 PM

To the poster: well endowed: If there's nothing to fear (to carry a gun) then why are you here ?

Berwyn

Posted: October 14th, 2011 3:44 PM

Whos money does this kid have to open this business? At 27 he is either fronting someone elses business or dream or a bank is loaning him the money( hard to believe) or he has a lot of money from inheritance. Very strange that a 27yr old could get a loan in these tough times. Would love to hear the truth on this one. I wouldnt doubt if the NRA is behind this in some manner.

Posted: October 14th, 2011 3:38 PM

Hey Bob, Did you hear about the Cop that was shot dead with his own weapon? Did you hear about the armed off duty officer that was shot dead in front of his mom/dad's house? Did you also hear about the guy from OP who was walking home in broad daylight and was attacked from behind and killed? GUNS serve no purpose but to kill mostly innocent victims.

bob from oakforest

Posted: October 14th, 2011 3:14 PM

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. Remember the police do not protect you... they come after the crime as been committed.

Well endowed enough to not need a gun

Posted: October 14th, 2011 2:56 PM

Aw, all the poor gun nuts are victims. Such poor widdle victims. When they insult others, it's their first amendment right. When others insult them, they cry, cry, cry, right into the barrels of their guns. Oh, how unfair life is for the gun nut! Oh, stroke them guns boys! Stroke them!

Second Amendment Dem

Posted: October 14th, 2011 2:52 PM

No one hold their breath waiting for Mr. Trainor to retract his self-righteous column on the civility of the anti-Bill of Rights commenters rowd viz a viz the pro-Bill of Rights commenters....

Well endowed enough to not need a gun

Posted: October 14th, 2011 2:51 PM

Aw, did I make the poor widdle gun nut angry? So sorry, gun nut. Stroke your gun. You'll feel better.

Common Sense Conservative

Posted: October 14th, 2011 2:46 PM

Well endowed... Do you really think you do anything to advance your cause or position by posting petty, ridiculous comments? You are proving yourself to be someone for whom no one should align themselves.

Well endowed enough to not need a gun

Posted: October 14th, 2011 2:37 PM

Ooh, all the gun nuts are so angry. Anyone who disagrees with them just drives them into a rage. Yes, please, these psychopaths need to carry guns around with them. At all times. Just in case they encounter someone who disagrees with them. Pow! Bang! Ah, there, don't you feel better now? A warm gun is sooooo soothing. Just like mommy.

Common Sense Conservative

Posted: October 14th, 2011 2:18 PM

To the anti-gun crowd, what difference does it REALLY make if this store is IN Oak Park or on the other side of the street in a neighboring town? Are you more safe because the gun store is in Melrose Park, Berwyn, Cicero, or even from Cabella's in Hoffman Estates? If they want a gun to commit a crime 1 block, 1 mile, 1 county drive is not going to keep Oak Park ANY safer than if it is in Oak Park. That's the point you are missing in your blind fear and anger.

Phil of Ideas

Posted: October 14th, 2011 2:07 PM

C'Mon...tax the heck out of them. No price is too high to protect the ones you love, right? Plus, you get to hold the hard steel shaft in your hands. And you can clean and shine your gun by rubbing it...

Berwyn

Posted: October 14th, 2011 1:36 PM

You can own them, but not necessarily sell them. Big difference my friend. Even the Supreme Court would agree. :-)

Earnan

Posted: October 14th, 2011 1:21 PM

The chattering left-wingers keep losing these fights. The Supreme Court has made it crystal clear that we have a right to own guns, including handguns. Oak Park got spanked on this, and they're going to get spanked again. Don't like guns? Don't buy one. Keep your nose out of other peoples' business.

Berwyn

Posted: October 14th, 2011 1:02 PM

Joe your words "The harm is that you are violating someone's constitutional right and reducing your tax base..." I think this is exactly what a strip club owner or any other non desirable business owner would say as well.

Ken Carley

Posted: October 14th, 2011 12:41 PM

To clarify the last sentence, they kill too but as with guns, they only kill because of disturbed people using them.

Joe

Posted: October 14th, 2011 12:39 PM

@Berwyn, really? That's your best? The one thing I agree with you on is for the WJ staff to not edit your post. Everyone should see how ignorant you are...

Ken Carley

Posted: October 14th, 2011 12:36 PM

Enough with the personal attacks and name calling. Grow up. If you people think it's acceptable to behave in that way, then perhaps you personally are the types who should never own a gun. All the nasty comments are simply reflections of your own selves. Put down the mirror and improve your own life. Your logic about guns is like saying no one should be able to use fire or a car. They kill too but as with guns, they only kill people of disturbed people using them.

Safety First from Oak Park

Posted: October 14th, 2011 11:46 AM

If the Oak Park Village Board weren't encouraging low income housing projects in my neighborhood, maybe I wouldn't feel the need to own a gun. But, since they don't seem to care about the potential risk to my family, I'm glad that I have the option of "shopping local" for a legal way to ensure safety for those I love.

Well endowed enough to not need a gun

Posted: October 14th, 2011 11:32 AM

We're all still waiting for "Brian D" to prove that he is mentally stable enough to own a gun. I looked at gunfacts.info and couldn't find anything.

Berwyn

Posted: October 14th, 2011 11:19 AM

Joe, You sound like a strip bar owner. OP.COm please dont edit this.

Rhoda from Oak Park

Posted: October 14th, 2011 11:14 AM

The harder it is to access weapons the safer it is for all of us. Since OP doesn't have to approve this store they shouldn't approve this store. The health and safety of citizens should trump commerce.

Joe

Posted: October 14th, 2011 9:44 AM

I doubt the owner of this sawed off shotgun had it registered and licensed. (Article has no mention of that) This guy is obviously a bad seed and would have committed this crime with or without a gun. He could have used a knife, a bat, lead pipe, you name it. The harm is that you are violating someone's constitutional right and reducing your tax base...

Posted: October 14th, 2011 8:52 AM

Whats the harm if Oak Park DOESNT have a store that sells guns of any kind?

Posted: October 14th, 2011 8:50 AM

Joe, All guns were bought legally first right? Shotguns are used in crimes as in 2 days ago in chicago. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-10-13/news/chi-suspect-in-custody-in-shotgun-robbery-on-red-line-platform-20111013_1_shotgun-robberies-sawed-off-shotgun-platforms

Joe

Posted: October 14th, 2011 8:33 AM

...I don't stop at the Binny's in Oak Park, because there isn't one. Alcohol is at the root cause of accidents involving DUI's. Should we ban that too? It is all about how something is used. If a place sells shotguns and rifles, what is the harm? You must have a license to buy it, and it is registered. As stated by several others, dangerous guns, the ones used for crime, are mostly bought out of the trunk of a car in a back alley. I doubt there are many ganbangers with legit licenses buying guns

Joe

Posted: October 14th, 2011 8:24 AM

It's funny that Brian was asked for facts to back up his claim, so he did. After that, the only responses he received are personal attacks! Look, you may not like guns, but the constitution tells us we can own them. It doesn't mandate the ownership of guns, so if you think they are dangerous, don't buy one. Meanwhile, if I want to buy a hunting rifle, why jnot buy it (legally) in Oak Park, thus supporting a local business and keeping tax money local? It's like alcohol. On my way home from work..

Posted: October 14th, 2011 8:24 AM

Brian D says ".....legally own guns as a powerful deterrent to crime and potential threats to us and our families." Now how does one protect their families 24/7? How many of us family people spend more than 10 hrs out of 24 with the family? Not many. As to deterring anybody, how do criminals know who has a gun and who doesn't. What do gun owners say to the families of police officers who have died either on the job, off the job or even with their own weapons? Police are armed to the nines!!!

rez

Posted: October 13th, 2011 11:24 PM

Brain D. You know what will make me feel safe? You, getting your gun, and walking the beat along Austin Blvd all through the night. Since you are, or will be, armed to the teeth, please make use of your new found courage and save us non-gun owners from the big bad criminals out there. Please make Oak Park a better place with your Glock. I know that I will be sitting at home awaiting news of bandits being scared off knowing that you're walking the streets with fire power. I'll sleep better now.

Red living behind enemy lines from Oak Park

Posted: October 13th, 2011 10:51 PM

This debate has been going on forever, and the supreme court and the NRA are winning. The hippie liberals in Oak Park constantly complain about guns and the lack of gun control. Well this guy is hoping to start a federally licensed business that promotes the LEGAL sale of long guns to LAW-ABIDING citizens and they still complain. Criminals don't buy guns from stores people. Gun control is a good thing along with waiting periods. Maybe they should close the knife sharpening place. Knives are shar

Brian D.

Posted: October 13th, 2011 9:20 PM

@Eileen, go to gunfacts.info and prove each of your points: 1. Guns make it easy to kill. 2. Guns offer a false sense of security. 3. Guns add to health care costs. 4. Guns make us less safe. While it's true we can't "shoot our way to peace", a line Eileen plagiarized from the CCW meeting, we can, if we desire, legally own guns as a powerful deterrent to crime and potential threats to us and our families.

Paul Obis, the dad from Oak Park

Posted: October 13th, 2011 9:19 PM

I gotta say, that's weird. It feels kind of "in your face". Oh well, I guess that's why we needed to spend $5 million to spruce up Roosevelt Road. Always happy to do business with Cicero

Well endowed enough to not need a gun

Posted: October 13th, 2011 9:10 PM

Poor widdle "Brian D", the psychopath who enjoys watching liberals "squirm in their skin", is such a victim. No wonder he needs a gun. Bang, "Brian D". Bang!

Eileen Fein from Oak Park

Posted: October 13th, 2011 8:59 PM

TWe urgently need to have guns removed from our streets and our homes . Guns make it far too easy to kill or maim in a moment of anger. Guns give their owners a false sense of security that keeps us from addressing the hard questions around the causes of violent crime, add enormous cost to our health care system and add to the danger and expense in blood and treasure resulting from domestic disputes, mental health problems and accidents. Guns make us less safe. We can't shoot our way to p

Brian D.

Posted: October 13th, 2011 8:59 PM

See how it works everyone? When a liberal runs out of lies to back up their false statements they attack you at a personal level. Not much ever changes with you libs, does it? http://www.archive.org/stream/clichsofsocial00vari#page/n1/mode/2up

Well endowed enough to not need a gun

Posted: October 13th, 2011 8:51 PM

We all should avoid any further dialogue with "Brian D" until he can show us a "verified source" that can "prove" he is not a psychopathic poodle who wears a funny Hitler mustache. Go ahead, "Brian D", we'll wait....

Joyce Porter from Oak Park

Posted: October 13th, 2011 8:35 PM

As far as I'm concerned this is about the only thing worse than opening another pawn shop in town. It's rather odd that he would want to open in a town known for banning hand guns. I hope he gives up on the idea.

RichF from Oak Park

Posted: October 13th, 2011 8:26 PM

Typical of Oak Park. He applies for a business license back in July and hasn't heard anything since then. No wonder the village can't get new businesses and has to convert every piece of property to parking lots. Let people know if it is yes, no, or need more information, don't just ignore people and hope they go away.

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:43 PM

Berwyn, I don't know Brian other than from here. Is there something you know personally about him that will be beneficial for people to know?

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:42 PM

I think he thinks people will be showing off their guns and one will go off in all of the excitement.

Berwyn

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:40 PM

Brian, you too should stay far far away from preschools. They are scared of people like you.

Brian D.

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:37 PM

@"GUNZ KILL", why is putting a gun shop close to a nursery/preschool any worse than putting it next door to Pete's? Explain your logic so we can laugh at your utter lack of intellect and judgement. In fact show me a verified source that can prove the proximity of a gun store to the preschool will somehow increase the danger level to the kids. Go ahead, I'll wait...

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:30 PM

It's a good location for easy access from other towns. I think the only traffic it's going to get is from people who know what they want and know that they are getting a much better price than from a gun shop that stocks firearms.

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:28 PM

You're right Brian. I didn't think about the opposite side coming in. The CCW is so difficult to understand because even other States that have it, it seems there are other hurdles to go through. One person explained in L.A., you need to be someone famous to get a CCW from the Sheriffs Office. If State's have CCW, then you should be able to CCW in all parts of the State.

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:26 PM

Its not a good idea to put a gun shop less than 1/2 a block away from a nursery/preschool that has been there for a long time. 1/2 block to the East. Why would Oak Park be an ideal location? Wouldn't you want to be in a location that most of your customers will come from? Makes sense to me. BTW, these guns kill too.

Brian D.

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:25 PM

To be honest I could not say how many of the pro-gunners were not OP residents. Though I would say the entire audience was from within the 8th district which, do not forget, was who the meeting was intended for and not just OP. But then so what, if the pro-gun side can get the word out and attend the meeting in mass so can the anti's.

john murtagh from oak park

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:24 PM

Roosevelt? Madison doesn't get considered by retail owners even if they are in the gun sales business. Maybe he'd would have a better shot at a license if he located a combination GunShop/Beauty Parlor on Madison.

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:17 PM

Miss Well endowed, it doesn't matter if you have triple D's. Every time someone who is in favor of guns is automatically called out as a gun nut. Are you a cell phone nut? Are you a text nut? Email nut? A wife nut? A working nut? A food nut? Where are your nuts at, Miss Well endowed? I am nothing saying either way on guns. I'm just saying why call someone a nut based on what they like.

Well endowed enough to not need a gun

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:07 PM

Why am I not surprised to see a gun nut brag about how he enjoys watching people squirm in their own skin? A rational scheme for CCW would employ psychological testing which would prevent such psychopaths from ever owning weapons.

Posted: October 13th, 2011 7:07 PM

Brain D. The people in favor were they mainly from Oak Park, or was it supporters of CCW who came? Want to keep it fair to represent Oak Park. Been reading up the facts since Ken Trainor posted his personal opinion about guns.

Brian D.

Posted: October 13th, 2011 6:59 PM

Q, The audience was at least 80% IN FAVOR OF CCW. The liberals came with their hurt feelings and fears and their MSM generated incorrect facts. The pro-gun side came armed to the teeth (pun intended) with hard facts to show why guns and CCW are NOT the end of the world. Also one of the audience members told me about a great site for dispelling the lies and myths behind guns. You liberals are so into education, here, educate yourselves: www.gunfacts.info

Lisa Simpson from Oak park

Posted: October 13th, 2011 6:54 PM

So...I won't be able to eat my carrots and hummus in my car, but I'll be able to carry my gun with me at all times?!? That's swell!

Posted: October 13th, 2011 6:38 PM

Brian D, so what was the outcome of the meeting? More people want to pack or not?

Posted: October 13th, 2011 6:27 PM

Know what you want and step up to the window. Say you will be back tomorrow, and show up the next day with Money, ID & FOID. When the gun shows up, the seller calls the buyer and transaction is complete. Maybe independent sellers belong to a group that can give better discounts to buyers. Need just enough room to fill out the form and hold the guns for pick up. Oak Park Parks need to build a shooting range.

Brian D.

Posted: October 13th, 2011 6:21 PM

I was at the concealed carry town hall meeting last night and I gotta tell you nothing, and I mean nothing, makes me feel as good as when I see a liberal Oak Park do-gooder squirm in their own skin. Like the NRA rep said, Oak Park is already on the hook to the NRA some $800,000 in legal fees. Go ahead, deny Delafuente his shop permit. Let's see how much THAT law suit will cost Oak Park.

Citizen

Posted: October 13th, 2011 5:58 PM

Noooooo! This is the last thing the village needs!

Dan the Planner

Posted: October 13th, 2011 5:44 PM

If Oak Park has decided to ban pawn shops, then it certainly is able to ban gun shops from its borders. It's all in the zoning ordinance -- just don't allow gun shops. The Supreme Court decision has nothing to do with whether a city must allow guns to be sold within its borders. I hope Oak Park Village Trustees will show some backbone and ban gun shops in any zoning district within Oak Park

Bell

Posted: October 13th, 2011 5:12 PM

You do know he's not talking about a weapon, don't you?

John Lennon from Liverpool

Posted: October 13th, 2011 5:03 PM

Happiness is a warm gun (Bang bang, shoot shoot) Happiness is a warm gun mama (Bang bang, shoot shoot) When I hold you in my arms (Oh yeah) And I feel my finger on your trigger (Ooo, oh yeah) I know nobody can do me no harm (Ooo, oh yeah) Because happiness is a warm gun mama (Bang bang, shoot shoot) Happiness is a warm gun, yes it is (Bang bang, shoot shoot) Happiness is a warm, yes it is, gun (Happiness, bang bang, shoot shoot) Well, don't you know that happiness is a warm gun

Phil of Ideas

Posted: October 13th, 2011 4:57 PM

Let's kill two birds at once. Pay for the new Ridgeland with a 100% tax on guns sold here in OP!

Second Amendment Dem

Posted: October 13th, 2011 4:36 PM

Now we are talking! How about turning the Comcast Building into an indoor shooting range?

Dave

Posted: October 13th, 2011 4:18 PM

Great reporting, too, btw. "Delafuente said there would be a one-day waiting period for anyone to purchase a gun at Windy City, and he plans to do background checks and review customers' Firearm Owner's Identification cards before making a sale." In other words, he plans on following *the law*. Sheesh.

Dave

Posted: October 13th, 2011 4:13 PM

Makes sense. I can't think of any type of business more lacking in OP than a gun store. *rolls eyes*

Well endowed enough to not need a gun

Posted: October 13th, 2011 4:12 PM

"Criminals do not walk into a gun store and buy guns. They go buy 'em in a back alley out of a trunk." Right, only future crimnals walk into a gun store and buy guns, criminals buy guns out of a trunk from the guy who walked into a gun store to buy it. The stupidity of gun nuts never fails to impress. And if the VOP thinks this guy won't end up selling hand guns and assault weapons, they're more clueless than I thought.

Facebook Connect

Answer Book 2018

To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.

MultimediaContact us