By Megan Dooley
The Village of River Forest will implement special parking regulations to ease anticipated traffic and parking congestion caused by this weekend's WoodStars Festival in Maywood.
The festival takes place at Proviso East High School, beginning on Thursday, July 28 and ending Sunday, July 31. The hours will be 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. daily.
The following regulations will be implemented in River Forest, to ensure that the southwest side of the village is not adversely affected by the increased traffic:
- There will be no parking allowed on streets between Hawthorne & Madison and Thatcher & Lathrop. The only exception will be made for those using commuter parking along the north side of Hawthorne. These rules will remain in effect all day from Thursday through Sunday. Violators will be subject to a ticket and possible tow.
- Barricades will be placed at the entrances to all of the side streets to inform motorists of the restrictions and to help prevent non-resident traffic in the area.
- The entrances to Washington Boulevard will be closed at Thatcher and at Lathrop.
- Residents are asked to navigate through side streets towards Lake Street to enter and exit the village. The village is strongly discouraging residents from using Madison Street during the festival event.
Residents planning an event at their home, or those planning to entertain guests during this time period are encouraged to call Village Hall at 708-714-3544 during normal business hours and 708-366-7125 after hours to inform someone about the event.
Overnight parking permits will not be provided throughout the event.
Read more about concerns over the festival at Wednesday Journal's sister paper, Forest Park Review.
- Despite concerns, organizers say Woodstars Festival will go on - Show could draw 20,000 people to Proviso East this weekend - July 26, 2011
Updates will be available at the Village of River Forest website at river-forest.us.
Additional information about the WoodStars Festival is available at woodstarsfestival.com.
Answer Book 2019
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2019 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|