|Share on Facebook|
|Share on Twitter|
“ReelAbilities: NY Disabilities Film Festival is the largest festival in the country dedicated to promoting awareness and appreciation of the lives, stories and artistic expressions of people with different disabilities.”
In 2007 this festival was launched, bringing award winning films by and about people with disabilities to multiple locations throughout the US and finally, in 2012, landing in Oak Park as the Chicago ReelAbilities Film Festival.
You won’t want to miss this transformative event where you can “explore film, art and performance . . . that will open your mind and heart.”
Plan on attending one or all of the superb films below:
April 25, 7pm | Lake Theater, Oak Park
Praying with Lior
April 28, 7pm | Pilgrim Congregational Church, Oak Park
Special Features: Chris Burke Band, Gallery of Artwork
Among the Giants
April 29, 1:30pm | Academy of Movement & Music (MOMENTA), Oak Park
Special Feature: MOMENTA Performing Arts Company
Crooked Beauty & Shooting Beauty
April 29, 5pm | FitzGerald’s SideBar, Berwyn
Special Features: Arts of Life Band, Gallery of Artwork
* Expert Panelists discuss each film and include: Agatha DeFranco, Ann Clark, Antoinette Taylor, Chris Burke, Daniel Cochrane, David Krueger, Dr. Dennis McGuire, Dr. Paula Kluth, Ginger Lane, Karen Hunter, Kris Lenzo, Laurie Chern, Nina Allen, Patricia Withers, Robert Bell, Ryan Shuquen and Sheri Lenzo.
* Venues include: Academy of Movement & Music (MOMENTA), FitzGerald’s SideBar, Lake Theater and Pilgrim Congregational Church.
* Tickets can be purchased in advance at www.reelabilitieschicago.eventbrite.com
* Presented by: Community Mental Health Board of Oak Park Township and the Oak Park-River Forest Community Foundation
* National partners: ReelAbilities NY Disabilities Film Festival, The JCC in Manhattan, UJA Federation of NY, Saul Schottenstein Foundation B, J.E & Z.B Butler Foundation and Project Search
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|