Yen goes all in with Flexhouse

Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

By Timothy Inklebarger

Staff Reporter

It's been a few months since the departure of Cathy Yen, former executive director of the Oak Park-River Forest Chamber of Commerce.

But it didn't take Yen long to get her name back in the paper — this time in Crain's Chicago Business as the owner of the four new Flexhouse townhouse units by Ranquist Development in the 200 block of Harrison Street.

Crain's reporter Dennis Rodkin notes in his Dec. 10 story that Yen and her husband purchased the four newly built townhouses for $2.16 million and will rent them for $4,000 a month.

Yen, who could not be reached for comment, left the chamber in September to become director of operations for the Chicago nonprofit Beat the Streets, which focuses on youth sports.

Timothy Inklebarger


Love the Journal?

Become our partner in independent community journalism

Thanks for turning to Wednesday Journal and We love our thousands of digital-only readers. Now though we're asking you to partner up in paying for our reporters and photographers who report this news. It had to happen, right?

On the plus side, we're giving you a simple way, and a better reason, to join in. We're now a non-profit -- Growing Community Media -- so your donation is tax deductible. And signing up for a monthly donation, or making a one-time donation, is fast and easy.

No threats from us. The news will be here. No paywalls or article countdowns. We're counting on an exquisite mix of civic enlightenment and mild shaming. Sort of like public radio.

Claim your bragging rights. Become a digital member.

Donate Now

Reader Comments

No Comments - Add Your Comment

Note: This page requires you to login with Facebook to comment.

Comment Policy

Facebook Connect

Answer Book 2019

To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2019 Answer Book, please click here.

Quick Links

Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.

MultimediaContact us
Submit Letter To The Editor
Place a Classified Ad

Classified Ad