Chicago nonprofits host live call-in shows every weekday evening that air on Chicago cable channel CAN TV21 and online at www.cantv.org/hotline. Fathers Who Care is a nonprofit that works together with residents and other organizations to achieve Social Change and Responsible Fatherhood Involvement. They host a weekly television show on CAN TV21.
On Thursday, November 6, 2014 at 8pm, Reverend Walter Amir Jones, Jr. with Fathers Who Care and West Garfield Park Community Stakeholders talked with Special Guest Alicia Plomin, the Communications and Marketing Manager for Wednesday Journal Publications based in Oak Park, IL, the umbrella company that publishes four community newspapers and websites: Austin Weekly News for Chicago's West Side, Wednesday Journal of Oak Park and River Forest, Forest Park Review and Riverside Brookfield Landmark.
The theme of the show was "Marketing your business through community support."
Topics of discussion were:
- Networking opportunities through Austin Weekly News' West Side Business Network
- The FREE 2nd Annual West Side Business Network Holiday Party - all are invited!
- Why is marketing important?
- Can teamwork make the dream work?
- Why get involved in organizations like Fathers Who Care or Austin Weekly News?
- Problems facing the West-side of Chicago compared to the suburbs
Answer Book 2018
To view the full print edition of the Wednesday Journal 2018 Answer Book, please click here.
Sign-up to get the latest news updates for Oak Park and River Forest.
|Submit Letter To The Editor|
|Place a Classified Ad|