Two people were arrested in separate incidents of battery of hospital staff, one of which occurred at Rush Oak Park Hospital and the other at West Suburban Medical Center.
A 33-year-old man, from the 1100 block of South Boulevard in Oak Park, was arrested at 2:39 p.m., Feb. 14, for aggravated battery after he struck a hospital staff member at Rush Oak Park Hospital.
The day before, a 34-year-old man, from the 1100 block of North Leclaire Avenue in Chicago, was stopped and arrested for aggravated battery of a West Suburban staffer and for disorderedly conduct at 7:45 a.m., Feb. 13.
Both were processed and held for bond hearings.
- A Colt WWII commemorative blue steel .45 caliber handgun was stolen from a second-floor bedroom after a burglar forced open the rear door of a residence in the 1100 block of North Kenilworth Avenue between 9 a.m., Feb. 8, and 11 a.m., Feb. 11.
- A pair of Dior sunglasses, cash and high heeled YSL shoes were taken from a vehicle with an unlocked door between 8:31 p.m. and 8:35 p.m., Feb. 15, in the 900 block of Ontario Street. The estimated loss is $2,112.
- Two cases, containing Denon SC 6000 turntables, were taken from the closed bed of a 2013 Ford F150 between noon and 1 p.m., Feb. 17, in the 400 block of South Lombard Avenue.
- Someone broke into a residence, possibly through a kitchen window, ransacked dressers and cabinets, taking jewelry and the keys to the victim’s 2021 Kia Sorento, which the burglar also removed, between 11 p.m., Feb. 14, and 5:30 a.m., Feb. 15, in the 100 block of South Elmwood Avenue. The estimated loss is unknown.
Motor vehicle theft
- A maroon 2013 Kia Optima was removed from the 6200 block of North Avenue between 5:30 p.m. and 7:55 p.m., Feb. 16. The estimated loss is $10,550.
- A 2021 Toyota RAV4 was taken between 11:40 a.m. and 11:50 a.m., Feb. 14, from the 900 block of Lake Street. Chicago police recovered the vehicle at 7:28 p.m., Feb. 16, in the 4700 block of West Flournoy Street in Chicago.
- A 2020 Hyundai Elantra was removed between 3:29 p.m. and 7:29 p.m., Feb. 13, from the 200 block of North Linden Avenue. The vehicle was recovered by Chicago police at 7:53 p.m., Feb. 15, in the 5500 block of West Gladys Avenue in Chicago.
Attempted motor vehicle theft
- Someone broke the rear passenger’s side window of a 2021 Kia then peeled the vehicle’s steering column between 9:15 p.m., Feb. 12, and 9:30 a.m., Feb. 14, in the 700 block of Washington Boulevard.
- Someone broke the rear passenger’s side window of a 2015 Hyundai Sonata then peeled the vehicle’s steering column between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., Feb. 14, in the 600 block of South Boulevard.
- A package containing a 10-carat diamond and sterling silver necklace and a pair of diamond, white gold earrings was taken from the 400 block of Taylor Avenue between 4:07 p.m. and 5 p.m., Dec. 22. The estimated loss is $1,048.
- A package containing a board game was taken from the front porch of a residence in the 500 block of Woodbine Avenue between 1:30 p.m. and 4 p.m., Feb. 11. The estimated loss is $30.
Criminal property damage
- The driver’s side window of a 2013 Hyundai Sonata was broken between 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Feb. 16, in the 6200 block of North Avenue.
- All four tires on a 2015 Toyota Corolla were punctured between 10 p.m., Feb. 16, and 7:30 a.m., Feb. 17, in the 100 block of South Maple Avenue. The estimated damage is $600.
These items were obtained from Oak Park Police Department reports dated Feb. 14-20 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan