A woman was robbed as she was exiting her vehicle at 8:22 p.m., May 13 in the 800 block of North Lombard Avenue. She was approached from behind by two men, one of whom was wearing a mask. The masked man demanded her property and struck the woman. The men took the woman’s car keys and then fled the scene without taking the woman’s vehicle. The only reported loss was the victim’s keys.
- A man pulled a pocketknife on another person at 9:20 p.m., May 7 while on the train platform at the CTA Blue Line Station in the 700 block of Austin Boulevard. The victim fled the platform ramp to Austin Boulevard. The offender was last seen walking southbound on Austin Boulevard.
- Someone broke into a 2017 Chevrolet Cruze and took a laptop computer, cell phone and tablet between 5:30 p.m. and 6:10 p.m., May 7 in the 400 block of Madison Street. The estimated loss is $1,600.
- Someone removed a mountain bike from an unlocked garage in the 1000 block of South Humphrey Avenue between 6 p.m., May 9 and 5:45 p.m., May 10. The bicycle was later recovered in the 300 block of South Grove Avenue and returned to the victim.
- Someone broke into a garage and removed a bicycle between 11 p.m., May 9 and 7:50 a.m., May 10 in the 100 block of North Euclid Avenue. The estimated loss is $450.
- Someone pried open a garage, then entered a 2021 Honda CRV parked inside and removed a wallet containing money, identification documents, and credit cards between 8 p.m., May 11 and 7:50 a.m., May 12 in the 600 block of North Taylor Avenue. A bicycle was also taken from the garage. The estimated loss is $220.
- A bicycle, clothing and tools were taken from a locked storage area in the 900 block of Home Avenue between 5 p.m., Feb. 28 and 12 p.m., April 27. The estimated loss is $2,999.
- Someone used a key to open a garage and removed a pair of shoes and a bike from inside between 8 a.m. and noon, May 10 in the 500 block of Clinton Avenue.
- A snowblower, hammer drill and toolbox were removed from a garage that had been pried open in the 200 block of North Harvey Avenue between 9:30 p.m., May 10 and 8:20 a.m., May 11. The estimated loss is $2,270.
Motor vehicle theft
- Someone removed a 2019 Toyota Avalon parked in the 1100 block of West Madison Street between 7 p.m. and 9:15 p.m., May 14. Chicago police recovered the vehicle in the 3000 block of West Flournoy Street at 4:16 p.m., May 15.
- A 2003 Chrysler Town and Country van was removed from the 800 block of Washington Boulevard between 6:30 p.m., May 12 and 9:20 a.m., May 15.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2006 Toyota Prius while parked in the 400 block of South Elmwood Avenue between 7:30 p.m., May 5 and 8:15 a.m., May 7.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2008 Toyota Prius while parked in the 100 block of Home Avenue between 2:30 p.m., May 12 and 11 a.m., May 8.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2005 Toyota Prius while parked in the 300 block of Home Avenue between 10:30 p.m., May 12 and 9:30 a.m., May 13.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2005 Toyota Prius while parked in the 300 block of Ontario Street between 9:40 p.m., May 12 and 8 a.m., May 13.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2007 Toyota Prius while parked in the 900 block of Pleasant Street between 6 p.m., May 12 and 7:30 a.m., May 14.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports May 11 – May 17 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan