What does the Journal mean to Oak Park?
- The forum for public debate provided by Wednesday Journal has been both open and constant and a necessary component of Oak Park open government.
- The Journal has never wavered in fulfilling its obligations to the community and to its profession as a living, breathing member of the Fifth Estate.
- They have provided a voice when one was needed. They have not been afraid to challenge our local institutions when necessary and seek accountability from them.
- They have provided this village with an invaluable and reliable 40-year historical record of our ongoing struggle, as a community, to live up to the good government and open community ideals we are constantly aspiring to achieve.
- Their compass has been consistently forthright and true, whether they are drilling down on an issue or providing a broader perspective on something that forces us to think.
- In all of these things, Wednesday Journal has been an indispensable cornerstone for this village.
Former Oak Park village attorney