An Oak Park resident was the victim of an aggravated carjacking when two men, one with a black semi-automatic handgun, approached the resident and demanded the resident’s keys and cell phone at 10 p.m., July 10 in the 400 block of Wisconsin Avenue.
The two men then left the scene in the resident’s silver 2018 Nissan Sentra and were last seen driving north on Wisconsin Avenue. The estimated value of the loss is $14,600
- Someone entered the victim’s residence through an unlocked door and took cash from inside between 9 p.m., July 6 and 9 a.m., July 7 in the 1000 block of Pleasant Street. The estimated loss is $1,500.
- Someone took a black and green men’s road bike and a blue mountain bike from a residential garage with an unlocked side door in the 800 block of Wesley Avenue between midnight and 8 a.m., July 8. Estimated loss is $250.
- Someone took two cell phones from an unlocked car in the 7100 block of Roosevelt Road at 3:49 a.m., July 9. The estimated loss is $400.
Motor vehicle theft
- Chicago police recovered the red 2015 Toyota Camry reported stolen from the 800 block of South Kenilworth Avenue on June 24; the vehicle was found at 10:33 a.m., June 3 in the 3900 block of Flournoy Street in Chicago.
- A black 2018 Ford F-150 was taken from the 1100 block of South Maple Street between 9 p.m., July 6 and 7:45 p.m., July 7. Estimated loss is $35,000.
- A white 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe was removed from the 900 block of South Grove Avenue between 5 p.m., July 7 and 9 a.m., July 8. Estimated loss is $10,000.
- Someone took a Silver 2010 BMW 328XI, possibly using a spare key left inside the vehicle, at 5:03 a.m., July 11 in the 600 block of Forest Place. The estimated loss is $17,000.
- A red 2007 Ford Fusion was taken from the 800 block of North Austin Boulevard between 3:38 and 5:05 a.m., July 11. The estimated loss is unknown.
- A black and green gas-powered Honda power washer was taken from the garage apron in the rear of a residence in the 1000 block of Wenonah Avenue between 9:15 a.m. and 9:24 a.m., July 7. Estimated loss is $600.
- Someone cut the catalytic converter from a 2003 Honda Element between 6 p.m., June 26 and 5:30 p.m., July 3 in the 900 block of South Humphrey Avenue. Estimated loss is $500.
- Someone took a green Fuji 26-inch bicycle left unattended and unlocked in the 400 block of Lake Street between 7:30 p.m. and 9:15 p.m., July 7. Estimated loss is $250.
- An unsecured yellow youth Jamis Capris bicycle was removed from the side of a residence in the 1000 block of Hayes Avenue between 4:30 p.m. and 5:15 p.m., July 8. Estimated loss is $400.
- Someone cut the u-lock and took a men’s black Trek FX3 27-speed bicycle with mounted rear carrier between 6:30 p.m. and 8:12 p.m., July 8 in the 1000 block of Pleasant Street. The estimated loss is $700.
- Someone took Amazon packages containing pillows, decorations, perfume, a Vitamix blender and custom shampoo and conditioner from an unlocked common lobby of a building in the 200 block of North Grove Avenue between 4:10 p.m., June 19 and 10:51 a.m., July 9. The estimated loss is $455.97.
Criminal damage to property
- Someone slashed all four tires of a vehicle in the 400 block of North Harvey Avenue between 7 p.m., July 6 and noon, July 7. The estimated loss is $2,000.
- Someone used an incendiary device to cause multiple burn marks on the blue surface of the Park District of Oak Park tennis courts at 218 Madison St. between midnight, July 4 and 2:05 p.m., July 7. The estimated damage is $20,000.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports July 7-July 13 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan