Three men, one with a firearm, approached a car owner and demanded the victim’s car keys and cash, then fled in the parked silver 2013 Chevrolet Impala at 1:35 a.m., May 6 in the 500 block of South Austin Boulevard. Police said the men were last seen heading eastbound on Interstate 290. Estimated loss is $10,000.
Police recovered the vehicle at 3:08 p.m., May 6 in the 3800 block of Washington Boulevard, Chicago. No arrests were made.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2004 Honda Utility parked in the 700 block of South Oak Park Avenue between 8:30 p.m., April 30 and 3 p.m., May 2. Estimated loss is $2,000.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2007 Honda CRV parked in the 200 block of South Maple Avenue between 8 a.m., April 27 and midnight, May 1. Estimated loss is $800.
- Someone took two charcoal Weber grills, a black wicker outdoor loveseat, two black wicker side chairs and three Aztec-colored 21-inch-by-15-inch flowerpots from the patio of a residence in the 700 block of Hayes Avenue between 8:30 p.m., May 4 and 11:22 a.m., May 5. Estimated loss is $838.
- Someone removed a candelabra, a Milwaukee drill, a 12-inch Makita chop saw, a wooden storm window and a bucket of miscellaneous hand tools from the victim’s property in the 900 block of Wenonah Avenue between 5 p.m., April 30 and 4 p.m., May 8. Estimated loss is $2,000.
- An unlocked 1999 Lexus RX300 with a spare key inside was stolen between 3 a.m. and 6:30 a.m., May 5 in the 1200 block of North Austin Boulevard. Estimated loss is $3,000. Chicago police recovered the vehicle at 12:42 p.m., May 9 in the 600 block of North Central Avenue, Chicago. No apprehensions were made.
- Someone took a black 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe, parked in the 400 block of North Cuyler Avenue, between 11 p.m., May 9 and 8 a.m., May 10. The vehicle was recovered by Waukegan police at an unknown time, date and location without any apprehensions.
Criminal damage to property
- Someone broke into a vacant residence, possibly through an unlocked window, then burned construction paper, damaged the drywall, and splattered duct sealer and plaster on floors and walls between 5 p.m., May 3 and 8:15 a.m., May 5 in the 800 block of South East Avenue. Estimated damage is $10,000.
- A man kicked and damaged the front glass of Dunkin’ Donuts, 7117 N. Ave., between 1:55 and 1:57 p.m., May 5.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports, May 2-11, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan