A man displayed a silver-colored firearm and demanded the victim’s property, then fled southbound in the Oak Park Avenue and Euclid Avenue alley with the victims rose gold Apple iPhone 8 and Apple AirPods at 1:28 p.m., April 20 in the 700 block of South Oak Park Avenue. Estimated loss is $400.
Police describe the man as approximately 20 years old, about 5 feet 9 inches to 5 feet 11 inches tall, as well as being black with a medium complexion and athletic build. He was last seen wearing a full black ski mask, jeans and a navy sweatshirt with orange writing on the chest. The estimated loss is $400.
Motor vehicle theft
- Someone entered a residential garage through an unlocked overhead door, found a vehicle key and removed the parked gray Nissan Altima from inside between 6 p.m., April 16 and 6:30 a.m., April 17 in the 1000 block of North Cuyler Avenue. Chicago police recovered the vehicle at 9:29 p.m., April 21 in the 4800 block of West Flournoy Street, Chicago.
- A silver 2018 Hyundai Tucson was removed between 9 p.m., April 20 and 1:29 a.m., April 21 in the 900 block of Home Avenue. Estimated loss is $18,000.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 1999 Ford cargo van parked in the 500 block of Home Avenue between 10:30 a.m., April 15 and 11 a.m., April 17. The estimated loss is $300.
- Someone cut the catalytic converter out of someone’s Ford Excursion between 4:45 p.m., April 12 and April 18 in the 800 block of Wisconsin Avenue.
- Someone cut the lock to a gated entry of a construction site and took four ladders from inside between 3 p.m., April 23 and 6:45 a.m., April 24 in the 900 block of West Madison Street.
- The catalytic converter was cut from a 2002 Honda Accord parked in the 200 block of South Maple Avenue between 10 a.m., April 24 and 9 a.m., April 25. Estimated loss is $1,400.
In that same block, the catalytic converter was cut from 2000 Honda Accord between 10 a.m., April 24 and 10 a.m., April 26. The estimated loss is $2,000.
- A bottle of rubbing alcohol, cash, several masks and a phone charger were taken out of a vehicle with an unlocked door between 3 p.m., April 16 and 10:30 p.m., April 17 in the first block of Harrison Street.
- Someone broke into a residential basement and took five bikes, two pairs of black Ugg boots, a pair of free weights and a pair of white Apple AirPods between 8 p.m., April 13, and 8 a.m., April 14 in the 100 block of North Euclid Avenue.
- Someone broke into a residence and stole miscellaneous jewelry out of a bedroom between 8 a.m., April 16 and 8 p.m., April 18 in the 600 block of Cuyler Avenue. The estimated loss is $800.
- Someone broke into a parked vehicle, ransacked its interior and removed a green Milwaukee drill set and a hand remote in the 1000 block of Madison Street between 4 p.m., April 25 and 7:51 a.m., April 26. Police estimate a loss of $600.
Criminal damage to property
- Someone started a fire to a garbage can in front of Oliver Wendell Holmes School, 508 N. Kenilworth Ave., at 9:16 p.m., April 16. Estimated damage is $100.
- Someone shattered the rear window of a vehicle and dented its doors using a brick between 6 p.m., April 17 and 8 a.m., April 18 in the 200 block of South Kenilworth Avenue. The estimated damage is $1,500.
- Someone through a rock and shattered the front glass window of Manouche, 146 N. Oak Park Ave., between 2 p.m., April 20 and 9:30 a.m., Aril 21. Estimated loss is $5,000.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports April 20-27 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan