Multiple instruments and paintings were taken during a residential burglary that occurred in the 100 block of North Euclid Avenue between midnight April 7 and midnight April 8. Police believe a key may have been used to enter the residence.
According to police, the unknown intruder took 10 paintings, 25 to 30 record albums, one box of watercolor paint tubes, a Lanikai tenor ukulele and a Taylor Mini GS acoustic guitar. The intruder also took a yellow rug, fur blanket, wallet, Apple AirPods, Bose earbuds and five houseplants. Police estimate a loss of $1,500.
Motor vehicle theft
A light blue 2004 Toyota Camry left unlocked and running was taken from the 900 block of South Grove Avenue at 12:54 p.m., April 8. The estimated loss is $4,000. The vehicle was recovered by Sauk Village police at 7:20 p.m., April 9 in the 2100 block of East 223 Place, Sauk Village. No apprehensions were made.
- A catalytic converter was removed from a parked 2007 Toyota Prius parked in the 300 block of South Maple Avenue between 10 a.m., March 22 and 7 p.m., April 1. Police estimate a loss of $500.
- Someone entered the foyer of an apartment complex, opened a delivered package and took out the floor cleaner in the 300 block of South Maple Avenue between 10:12 a.m. and 12:49 p.m., April 11.
- Someone entered an unlocked parked vehicle, ransacked its interior and took cash in the 800 block of South Euclid Avenue between 7 p.m., April 6 and 8:15 a.m., April 7. The estimated loss is $20.
- Someone entered an unlocked vehicle with a damaged door, then removed three credit cards and a black Nike sweatshirt in the 200 block of Home Avenue between 9 p.m., April 8 and 8:48 a.m., April 9. The estimated loss is $50.
- A man carrying a sledgehammer damaged the front door lock and the doorframe to break into a residence at 11:20 a.m., April 9 in the 1100 block of Clarence Avenue. A witness saw the man exiting the residence. No loss was reported.
- A black 26-inch M20 bicycle was taken out of residential garage with an open side service door in the 200 block of Home Avenue at 2:33 p.m., April 9.
- Someone entered an unlocked vehicle, ransacked the interior and took a black Nike wallet containing miscellaneous cards and identification between 10 a.m., April 6 and 1 p.m., April 7 in the 1100 block of North Austin Boulevard. The estimated loss is $15.
- A black wallet containing various cards and identification, a doTERRA essential oil set, organic vitamins, a MacBook Pro laptop, keys and cash were taken from a residence that had an unlocked front door in the 100 block of North Euclid Avenue between 4 a.m. and 10 a.m., April 12. Police estimate a loss of $695.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park Police Department, came from reports April 6-13 and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Stacey Sheridan