Two Hyundai Tucsons, both of which were left running and unlocked, were stolen in separate incidents a couple of days apart. An Oak Park resident’s brown 2013 Tucson was stolen from the 3100 block of West Flournoy Street at 9:22 a.m. on Feb. 14. The estimated loss is $15,000.
Another Tucson, this one black and a 2016 model, was stolen from the 600 block of Madison Street at 4:39 p.m. on Feb. 12. The owner is a Bridgeview resident and the loss is an estimated $25,000.
Porch pirate stuck with socks
A porch package thief made off with $34.78 worth of socks, according to police. The offender took the package from a residence in the 700 block of South Ridgeland Avenue at 12:30 p.m. on Feb. 11.
- A black LG K20V cellphone was stolen from the cup holder of a closed but unlocked Mitsubishi Outlander in the 200 block of Lake Street between 4 and 6:15 p.m. on Feb. 13. The estimated loss is $100.
- A package was stolen from the common area of a building in the 900 block of North Austin Boulevard at 8 p.m. on Feb. 2. The package contained a GoPro Hero 7 camera and battery charger. The estimated loss is $394.78.
- Two women stole an unknown amount of alcohol from Walgreens drug store, 811 Madison St., about 11:18 a.m. on Feb. 12. The two women entered and then left the store through an emergency exit on the east side of the building. They entered a silver or tan van parked in the 500 block of South Oak Park Avenue. They then headed southbound on Oak Park Avenue. The estimated loss is unknown.
- Two Apple TVs were stolen from a business in the 800 block of Lake Street about 12:44 p.m. on Feb. 6. Two men, estimated to be in their mid-20s, entered the business and concealed the Apple TVs inside the front waistband of their pants and left. The estimated loss is $378.
- A man and a woman stole an estimated $317.76 worth of products from Target department store, 1129 Lake St., about 7:30 a.m. on Feb. 11. The man took a laundry hamper and filled it with various Dove body wash and beauty products. The woman put several food items in a tote bag. The two then left the store without paying and entered a gray or silver vehicle with no license plate.
Criminal damage to property
Two panes of glass at a building in the 600 block of South Austin Boulevard were damaged by a projectile, sometime between 11:30 p.m. on Feb. 9 and 9:30 a.m. on Feb 10. The estimated loss due to damage is $200.
These items, obtained from the Oak Park and River Forest police departments, came from reports, Feb. 11-17, and represent a portion of the incidents to which police responded. Anyone named in these reports has only been charged with a crime and cases have not yet been adjudicated. We report the race of a suspect only when a serious crime has been committed, the suspect is still at large, and police have provided us with a detailed physical description of the suspect as they seek the public’s help in making an arrest.
Compiled by Timothy Inklebarger